PDA

View Full Version : witch CAD/CAM software with MACH3 ??

rontron
08-23-2007, 05:56 AM
Witch cam software do you use with Mach3 ?
I tried with Solidworks 2007 and camworks, but i can't get it to work properly...
A circle in a square drawing results in a circle out of the square...
i can't find a postprocessor that works togetter with mach3.

In Bobcad can i get it to work, but the dimensions don't fit with the drawing...

Thanks in advance,

Ronny

absolutepoker01
12-16-2009, 03:20 PM
i have the same problem!

M250cnc
12-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Mach3 must be set-up correctly.

You must have a suitable post processor.

This would apply to any software CNC & Cad/Cam combination

Post your incorrect code and then someone with Mach3 can load it to Mach3 and see where the problem lies

Phil

absolutepoker01
12-18-2009, 01:05 PM
thanks Phil, but the postprocessors are for the CAM or for the mach3, what i understand is thet they are for CAM software, so the CAm can generate a suitable code for a specified control software, im i wrong?

awerby
12-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Since CAM programs have to be able to write code for a wide variety of machines, which work differently depending on their control software, it's important for the CAM program to have a postprocessor that translates the generic code it writes into a version that will work correctly with the particular machine control you use. If you're using Mach3, then you should choose a Mach3 compatible postprocessor. If your software doesn't have one, try a Fanuc post - that should get you close, but be prepared for errors in some G-code functions, such as how circles and arcs are defined.

Andrew Werby
www.computersculpture.com

thanks Phil, but the postprocessors are for the CAM or for the mach3, what i understand is thet they are for CAM software, so the CAm can generate a suitable code for a specified control software, im i wrong?