PDA

View Full Version : Spindle takes 15sec to come on

RMT
08-18-2007, 11:26 AM
This seems to be one more thing that I'm having trouble with , when clicking on start spindle or calling M3 in a program, it takes about fifteen sec before the relay in the breakout board gets activated and the spindle starts to run.
Yet the cooland comes on emidiatly, when M8 is in the code, what would be the reason and how do I change the spindle delay.
Thanks
Frank

pointcloud
08-18-2007, 11:40 AM
There are setting in mach for spindel. Look in the mill options. There is a delay and spin up delay, they are normally milliseconds.

RMT
08-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Yes under General Config>Spindle Setup there are 4 delays which all were set to 1 and I changed to 0 still about 15 sec delay.
I'm using the Campbell Designs all in one breakout board maybe that is for some reason delaying the output to the spindle.
Any other place in Mach 3 that would cause a delay?
The really bad thing is when You run a program the spindle comes on when its about finished with it..... not good.
Frank

Switcher
08-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Is it possible to swap the connections from the coolant relay with the spindle relay, & run the same g-code you have been trying, just to see If the spindle will start faster (you said the coolant relay was working fine) might help narrow down the problem?

pointcloud
08-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Look in Mill Options too...

Also check here http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/forum These guys can help, for sure.

RMT
08-19-2007, 09:17 AM
I think switching cooland and spindle sounds like good idea, I will defenitly try that , the campbell board has led's on it to visually show when the relay's are active, and that led's comes on late too, so I thought the input must be delayed hence I was looking for the problem in mach 3.

Switcher
08-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Have you looked at the settings (Mach3) in the attched screenshot?

mactec54
08-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Hi RMT

If everything else fails put a Dwell G04 for the time you need in the Program after the M3 or a M00 and when the spindle is up to speed press start again
Pressing start again is only for the M00 Can be as M0 if your control likes it
This will get you going I think the M00 is the easyest as you get a second
chance to check before the machine moves

RMT
08-20-2007, 07:01 PM
I solved the Spindle problem by moving the connections to the dir output relay and resetting things in mach3 , the instructions are a bid confusing on the campbell board and there must be some mistakes, since it lists pin 1 for the spindle run relay and encoder ground, wonder why it come on at all.

I like to thank everybody for helping me figure this out
Frank

Switcher
08-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Glad you got it working, I was planning on getting that B/O board. :)