PDA

View Full Version : High speed mold polishers?

Chuck Reamer
07-27-2007, 11:12 AM
I am looking at buying a recipercating polishing tool from NSK, to polish mold cavities and such. This is the one I am looking at, but with a Luster recip head on it.

NSK polisher (http://www.nskamericacorp.com/prod_handTools_espart.aspx)

What other companys out there make great polishers, or really bad ones to avoid for that matter?
What are you using for a polisher at the moment?
What do you like or dislike about your system?
What is the benits of ultra sonic, recip, rotary?

I would like to hear a little from others before I drop over $1500 on a polishing system.

Thanks

Jim Estes
09-28-2007, 01:03 AM
I bought a PNeusonic polisher from NSK. It is a pheumatic version of an ultrasonic polisher. I have used ultrasonics before and the one drawback that they have is that it is easy to break the stones. Well all the advertisments I read said that the problem of the broken stones was solved with the pneusonic. Well, not exactly. I still break stones, maybe not as often or as easy, but then I don't get the agressive polishing that I can get with an ultrasonic. If I had to do it over I would have spent the extra $2000 and bought the ultrasonic from Gesswein or DME.

One thing I did discover was those ceramic polishing stones, those are da bomb!. With one of those ceramics stones, I can polish deep ribs and not worry about breaking stones. However, they are EXPENSIVE!!!!!.

Jim