View Full Version : Supermax with Bandit III

07-22-2007, 01:36 PM
I purchased a YCM-30 Supermax with a Bandit III Controller. The machine included the Bandit control Installation Manual. The control has a 5vdc isolated power supply with a piggybacked module (Deltron Inc. PM-1). This board monitors the isolated 115 vac and the 5 vdc. Other than this damaged board, I can't find problems with the controller. When the control powers up, the crt powers up and displays a version number then Displays " Checking Memory" in reverse video. After this step the crt goes blank.

If I power down the control, or hit the reset button, the control goes as far as the checking memory mode then stops. I believe this controller is looking for a signal from the damaged Pm-1 board. The 5 VDC 20 amp power supply is putting out 5.03 VDC and the transformer,Shunt Regulator, and other power supplies are all healthy. The output from the PM-1 goes into the control and the documentation doesn't specify the level of this signal.

Any Ideas from Bandit III vets on how to get around this issue?

08-15-2007, 06:54 PM
You will need to press the exit button for the display to come up. Then you need to engage and release the Emergency Stop Button. Your controller should be up and running then.

You will probably need to reinstall the pal for your machine. When you removed the soft start board. (the one with the batteries) you cleared the memory.

08-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the info. I found a damaged board that monitors the 120 vac and 5 volts DC. The board was repaired by the guy that makes the shadow control. Once I reinstall the board, I'll see how far I get with the control.

08-23-2009, 11:56 PM
Almost 2 years to the day since last post. Just powered up machine last week
power monitor board still didn't work. (5 vdc leads fell off) Bypassed the board, tied the output directly to the 5 volt power supply. Powered up control
saw checking memory then screen went blank.

Researched this thread, hit exit then main screen came up with drives not on message. Pushed and released e stop button drives moved a split second then faulted with a X-axis lag error. Hit exit to clear fault then paged through the menus to the pal page. On the bottom right parameter changed the gain from the default -2 to 1 then hit enter. Control up and running.

500 oz inch motors,500 line encoders, 7 volts per 1000 rpm tach.

Thanks to all the info provided by the bandit experts, I'm gonna need it
to get my Bandit II with resolvers up and running.