PDA

View Full Version : Move a couple threads back here

davo727
05-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Well since the forums have changed again, the IH forum looks to me like the only logical place for rf45 stuff. These two threads should be moved back to this forum since they pertain to the IH style mill, Cruisers belt drive conversion : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35961 and one of my mod threads : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36317 Do we have a moderator that can do this kind of thing? Thanks, Dave

JRouche
05-08-2007, 07:44 PM
I could move them but.....I am still foggy re: the square column mill threads, other than IH mills, belong here or in the Benchtop mills forum.

I dont personally have a preference, I frequent both forums. I just dont want to have an inconsistency with where the posts are being originated.

The description for the Benchtop mill forum includes square column mills. I think the Industrial Hobbies forum should be specifically for IH mills as per the description "Discuss Industrial Hobbies Milling machines and get direct support" JRouche

BobWarfield
05-08-2007, 09:26 PM
The forums should be arranged so birds of a feather can flock together.

The great pity and problem is that there are many square column mills compatible with IH, yet people seem to think and JRouche seems to say, that column is specifically for IH.

At the same time the little bench mills are quite different from their bigger brothers in terms of almost everything, to the point where I can't see why the two groups really have a lot to say to each other. Whatever I do to modify a Sieg X or build using the Sieg, is largely irrelevant to the large square column mills and vice versa. Whereas, Sieg and Taig people seem to have quite a lot to talk about. Even the round column mill group seems closer to the Sieg world. It's a matter of the capacity of the machines, the tooling, the type of step motors and screws you'd need, and so on.

This arrangement forces everyone to wade through a bunch of stuff they're likely uninterested in. Just read the first page of postings for benchtops--its largely Sieg stuff.

I can't understand what was so wrong with the prior approach? It seemed like it was working out great. If the IH people want a support forum, that's great too as a subforum. Again, just as it was before. Things made sense.

Best,

BW

JRouche
05-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Hey Bob, if I interpret you correctly, I think you are meaning the square column mills, all the RF-45 variants, should be in a forum (this one?) by themselves? If so I completely agree with you.

But I have received messages stating an opposition to that saying this forum should be strictly IH mills.

I dont wanna step on any ones toes.

To have all variants of the RF-45 here makes total sense to me. There are many who have bought an IH conversion to be placed on a variant (such as myself) and this IS the forum to go to re: technical help.

Again, I dont want to stir any pot or piss anyone off. The goal is to make this forum an easy source for the transferring of ideas and all issues concerning the modification of the industrial hobbies type mills to CNC.

Just my opinion. JRouche

JRouche
05-08-2007, 10:17 PM
These two threads should be moved back to this forum since they pertain to the IH style mill, Cruisers belt drive conversion Thanks, Dave

Done....JRouche

davo727
05-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Hi, All the RF45 mills including the IH are 99% identical! Who doesnt want the other RF45s in the IH forum? There all the same. The best thing for the beginners and new mill owners would be ( IH and RF45 Mills forum) So people could look in one place for help and info. Thanks, Dave

edit by me- Dave