PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista Please help

SWPM
04-28-2007, 02:05 PM
Hello everyone I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows Vista installed on it to mainly run Velocity 3. I am having the following problems so far. I am not sure if the problems are Vista or the Video card or Video card driver.
My Video card is a Nvidia Geforce Go 7600. and the driver is version 7.15.10.9746

Problems
(1)When I use delete within " using the crosshair setting for the pointer" The screen leaves ghost lines everywhere the cursor has been.

(2) when I try to backplot toolpaths it starts drawing white lines everywhere and bacilly locks up the program.

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it

Cammotion
04-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Hello everyone I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows Vista installed on it to mainly run Velocity 3. I am having the following problems so far. I am not sure if the problems are Vista or the Video card or Video card driver.
My Video card is a Nvidia Geforce Go 7600. and the driver is version 7.15.10.9746

Problems
(1)When I use delete within " using the crosshair setting for the pointer" The screen leaves ghost lines everywhere the cursor has been.

(2) when I try to backplot toolpaths it starts drawing white lines everywhere and bacilly locks up the program.

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it

You may be able to find some answers on the Surfware site. Under support, there are FAQs (Frequently asked questions). If you don't have a user name and password, your dealer can set you up.

SWPM
04-28-2007, 03:20 PM
I have checked there site and the fix they have for the ghost lines only applies to XP.

Traceman
06-01-2007, 07:34 AM
They tell me they will be releasing a version this summer that fixes this. Mine does the same thing. Also if you do surfaces it only shades them one color so it is a pain in the ass to use for 3D modeling.

SWPM
08-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Ok I finally got this figured out (not really the correct way but seems to work fine) The only way I have been able to get Surfcam to run on Vista is to turn off all the fancy bells and whistles on my video card. The graphics quality is still very good without all the annoying ghost lines
Just thought I would throw this out there if anyone else is having the problems with Vista and needs a quick fix.

sinderal
10-06-2007, 09:53 AM
The SP2 will be released within 1- 2 Weeks and could solve the problem!