PDA

View Full Version : Mach 3 TP100 Touch Probe Compatability

Mesabooger
04-23-2007, 11:54 AM
I hope I've put this in the right forum, this is my first post so please excuse me if I've messed up. I just bought a taig 2019 4-axis cnc mill and was wanting to know if Mach 3 is compatible with the tp100? I guess my main question is; Will Mach 3 do everything that DeskCNC will do? I'd appreciate any info or comments. I'm just getting started in this and would really like to hear from you. TIA.

Torchhead
04-23-2007, 07:01 PM
It's my understanding that a probe is just a NO switch (simplification). MACH3 supports probing with a switch input and has a probe input pin. Pop over to the MACH1MACH2CNC forum on yahoo and post the question there and you will get great detailed answers form some of the 7,000 + members.

Al_The_Man
04-23-2007, 07:20 PM
The majority of touch probes are a very precisley reapeatable switch.
The way it is done on commercial systems, is a high speed skip input is required , which at switch closure, captures the axis positions.
This fast capture coupled with the reapeatabilty is where the cost usually lies.
You cannot afford to have switch bounce etc.
Al.

Mesabooger
04-24-2007, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the link and explanation of how a probe works. But I really just needed to know which was a better candidate for the probe....Desk or Mach 3. Anyway, thanks again.

Vixon
05-21-2008, 01:32 PM
The best is USBCNC, www.nextcnc.com

Mike Stevenson
05-28-2008, 10:52 PM
The best is USBCNC, www.nextcnc.com

Nice "Under Contruction" site. What a joke. :mad: Why these guys come here and start raving about something that does not exist is beyond me.

Hambonin
04-16-2009, 06:17 PM
OK...nooob here!!!

I have a BRAND NEW TP100 from 2 years ago and do not have any info on how to wire it into the controller...again....first time trying to set up any of this...TAIG CNC mill...need to 2D scan small circular brass pieces only...

Anyone know how to wire this up? I have the following controller board:

http://trumpetplayerspace.com/images/box.jpg

http://trumpetplayerspace.com/images/card.jpg

Feel free to email me at hambonin@gmail.com if you have any ideas.

Thanks in advance!!