PDA

View Full Version : Mach and probing

KKutt
04-21-2007, 02:44 PM
If I get a deskcnc probe what else do I need to create a part file or a G code program? do I need DeskCNC software or will Mach do it. What kind of file do I end up with and what else will I need besides the cnc router, a probe and Mach?

I am unclear as to how this whole probe scanning equipment all links to the CNC equipment. Does anyone have a sucsess story that is running mach and an affordable probe system and software?

will I be able to simotainiously probe with an A axis+ X-Z?

ger21
04-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Mach can probe and give you a point cloud file, which is a text file with a list of points. You'll need software to convert the point cloud to a surface or mesh, and CAM software to generate toolpaths from it.

I think you can probe with the A axis, but I'm not completely sure.

KKutt
04-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Mach can probe and give you a point cloud file, which is a text file with a list of points. You'll need software to convert the point cloud to a surface or mesh, and CAM software to generate toolpaths from it.

I think you can probe with the A axis, but I'm not completely sure.

Thanks for the info Ger
Any sugestions on resonably inexpensive software to do this?, I have Bobcad , will I need somthing else? I will be doing wood carving and cabnet work on a router so it wont have to be incredibly accurate.

KKutt