PDA

View Full Version : Scripting reference...

kiwichris
04-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Hurro folks,

Anyone got a link to, or a source of a VBscript reference/tutorial?

Not for the NCPlot specific stuff, but in general, for maths functions, array handling etc.

Having just written a (very) simple post processor script, I've got a cunning plan to create some tools using VBscript.. (I'll tell all, if they work!!!)

Cheers, Me.

MetLHead
04-18-2007, 09:45 PM
The Microsoft website has a complete language reference:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/t0aew7h6.aspx

Scott

kiwichris
04-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Thanks for that Scott, I must be having a google challenged day, as I didn't find a complete one.

I'm playing around with the idea of writing a complex post processor for a project, although I'm not sure VBscript will have the grunt, as I'll need to have significant in-memory arrays to store each 'chain'. If it dosn't work I'll go back to C where I really should be doing it anyway! :)

I have used the attached script a couple of times 'for real' though, for facing fixtures...

Cheers, Me.

MetLHead
04-19-2007, 07:18 AM
Chris,

That's a great example of what you can do with a script! :rainfro:

I'd love to see more!

Scott

kiwichris
04-19-2007, 08:00 AM
Chris,

That's a great example of what you can do with a script! :rainfro:

I'd love to see more!

Scott

Thanks...

I'm just getting my head around the limitations in VBscript to see what I can realistically do with it.

I have a couple of ideas for things I was going to do in 'C' but I'd have to write an edit and backplot screen to make it useful, this way I can do just the gcode generation, and NCPlot does the edit/backplot part. It also keeps me off the streets! :)

Cheers, Me.

cansucuoglu
11-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Is there reference for MasterCamVB