PDA

View Full Version : Mk3/4 Driver HS86 (Leadshine rebuild) triggers Pause or estop.

DannyKK
04-26-2018, 05:46 PM
Hi Guys,
the only information about a Driver Error (ALM-out on Driver), in my case HS86, is the pinout in the Instruction PDF, where an input pin is shown.
How did you implement this function in USB-CNC MK3/4. In my dreams, the machine stops (pauses) on the first loss of a step.

I dont know how to wire/script this Function.

Thanks for any Ideas. Dan

PlanetCNC
04-26-2018, 06:18 PM
Onla Mk3 has dedicated error signal input. However you can wire error signal from driver to e-stop.

DannyKK
04-27-2018, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the Help and sorry, my english and electronic skill is not that good..

PlanetCNC MK3 9 Axis V1.1, Output on the Logic Side is 5V. So i do not need all the Resistors on the picture right ?
I hook it up like the Dir+ and Step+ to 5V, and the ALM- goes to the ERR Pin on the ControllerBoard.

This are the Infos I got:

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=392072&stc=1

Alarm Signal: OC output signal, active when one of the following protection is activated: over-voltage, overcurrent and position following error. This port can sink or source 20mA current at 24V. In default, theresistance between ALM+ and ALM- is low impedance in normal operation and become high when HBS86goes into error.

PlanetCNC
05-02-2018, 07:40 AM
You do not need resistors.
Here is our tutorial:
https://planet-cnc.com/how-to-connect-motor-driver-with-optoisolated-inputs/

DannyKK
05-02-2018, 12:24 PM
Thank you. For closedloop stepper systems, a beginner like me, needs more information.

The pend+- and alrm+-"ports" on my HSS86 have mirrored electric symbols behind. As far as I understood, these are just transistors/relays in function, trough low resistance in normal state, and very high for alarm.

I want to try to use them like an Limit/e-stop,Normally Closed, all four drivers parallel, on an input pin. So each of them could trigger the "program pause" function. Any Suggestions for me ?

PlanetCNC
05-04-2018, 06:39 AM
Try connecting GND from controller with ALM- and Pause Input with ALM+.

Let me remind you that Pause does not use exact stop/immediate stop but uses deceleration to stop.

DannyKK
05-08-2018, 03:34 AM
Good news everyone. The E-Stop function is working like expected. Like PLanetcnc suggested: ALM- on Ground, ALM+ on Input pin. All drivers parallel. Bingo. Forced the driver to give out the Alarm, and the whole system stops without loosing coordinates. Thanks alot for the Help.