PDA

View Full Version : Geometry from solids

GigaHz
04-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Is there a way to extract geometry from solids in surfcam? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Cammotion
04-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Is there a way to extract geometry from solids in surfcam? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Surfcam will bring in a solid and convert it to wireframe and surfaces. If you open a Solidworks part file for example, that's how they come in.

If you want to open a solid file that you don't have a translator for, like UG NX4 in my case, you have the UG guy export his file as a parasolid, (UG-file.X_T) and Surfcam will open that file the same way, wireframe on one layer, and surfaces on another. Hope this helps.

GigaHz
04-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Thanks it did help. Now are you familiar with 4th axis milling. I kinda need help with that to. LoL

Cammotion
04-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Thanks it did help. Now are you familiar with 4th axis milling. I kinda need help with that to. LoL

Glad Iwas able to help.

As for the 4th axis stuff, sorry I can't be any help, but there are some folks on here who can be.

camaru
04-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Hi,
What do you want to know about 4th axis, I'll try and help but it may be tomorrow before I get back to you