PDA

View Full Version : haunted by Z.1

kesparate
04-03-2007, 04:53 PM
so, i'm working on editing a post to my own private specs, and i'm having some issues with the command that ends a caned cycle.
EX_PECK2CANCEL : G80* G00* Z*(aclearance)

it seems to add not one but two "z.1" commands

G81 G98 Z-.02 R.1 F3.
X2.9914 Y-2.9528
G80 G00 Z1.
Z.1
G00 Z.1
M09
G49 Z0 M05
M01

they're not even in the same line!!!!

it isn't from the cycle end command

EX_CYCLEEND :G00 Z*(aclearance)

this yields

X7.1
G00 Z1.5
G00 Z1.5
M09
G49 Z0 M05
M01

yeah i've got two Z1.5 commands in this block and i know that one is from the software and one is from the post.

i suspect that what it's doing is using the "r" value where it says "aclearance" and it's doing the same thing in the software which is why there are two just like the cycle end which uses the same command.

now what i'd like to know is, is there a command "?clearance" that will cause it to use the full clearance value instead of the clearance value?
think g98 instead of g99 return. note though that i am outputting g98 as the return (most of the time)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

tminnig
07-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Well, I may be way too late to help you out on this. But the easiest way to take care of the problem is to just not output the 'Z' value on the PECK2CANCEL example at all. The clearance will be whatever you tell it in the operation page on your return line in the code. I struggled with this as well, but I think this is the easiest way to fix it and clean up the code. Your only other option is to create a user variable in the post so you can EXITEXAMPLE in the CYCLEEND if a specified condition is met.

Let me know if I can help you further. Also, Esprit's support is great at taking care of this type of post change, get with either Julien Durand or Olivier Lhommet if you can.

Travis