PDA

View Full Version : A thanks to John and the Keling crew

massajamesb
03-29-2007, 01:37 PM
I had one of their 425 ozin Nema 23 motors on my plasma table for the last several months. Here recently, it started to make a odd noise, and upon removal of the stepper from the machine, I found that I could barely turn the shaft by hand. Frustrated, I installed a couple of spare Powermax II steppers onto X, and took the motor home.
I contacted Keling about it, to see if there would be any warranty. I was unsure, seeing as how it was in a very dirty environment, and had ordered it almost a year ago. He (john) responded within a matter of a couple of hours, and told me to mail it in, and if it had not been overheated, then they would honor a warranty on it.
I was, needless to say, very happy.
Fast forward to not even a full week later (yesterday evening), I contacted John to let him know that it should be there any day, he responded and asked if I could pay return shipping. I paid, and figured I would see a motor next week or so.
I just got a package dropped off on my doorstep, less than 24 hours later.:) It seems that John and crew went ahead and shipped me a motor before I even paid for return shipping.
That, my friends, is going above and beyond normal or even good service. I would recommend Keling to anyone, even if they had not warranteed my motor. Now, I believe I will have to spend a little more money with them.

John and crew at Keling, thanks so much. I appreciate all the help. You guys are the best.
James

automationtechinc
04-01-2007, 08:23 PM
James,

Thanks.

John

kreutz
04-01-2007, 10:27 PM
I also own a Keling 425 oz-in Nema 23 motor. I chose it because I needed a high inductance motor in order to test our "Mardus-Kreutz" unipolar micro-stepper drive under extreme conditions. I've got surprised by the quality of the motor when I was not able to stall it with a 35 volt power supply even at more than 4000 rpms (in half step mode). I have videos to prove it.

Other tests have shown surprisingly good micro-step positional accuracy (have a video of the tests) even without adjusting the sine/cosine tables in the drive.

The tests load I am using is a 1 lb 3.5 inches diameter flywheel. Our chopper frequency is 39.2 kHz, and even at that chopping frequency motor's temperature stays under 55 degrees Celsius (ambient temperature = 25 deg. C) after two hours of continuous low speed tests at 2.82 Amp peak 1/10 micro-step mode.

I am really impressed by the motor's quality and will buy again from Keling if the need arise.

GAWnCA
04-07-2007, 09:50 AM
James,

I have also dealt with John at Keling and I must say he is one of the best people for after the sales service I have met. I bought for motors and one showed up with on of the corner mounting holes broken out. I wrote and asked him about it, thinking he may be able to collect from the shipper for damage. He said send it back and he'd ship a new one. Had the replacement within a few days and he didn't ask for shipping.

I did just recently ask a question and John couldn't answer that one. I asked what size of his motor he would recommend to lift approximately 45 lbs using a 1/2" - 10 tpi ACME screw and he told me he didn't know. So now I'm on a quest to find that information. I like the honest answer rather than just sell me something.

I'll do more business with John, if not all when it comes to motors.

Greg

I had one of their 425 ozin Nema 23 motors on my plasma table for the last several months. Here recently, it started to make a odd noise, and upon removal of the stepper from the machine, I found that I could barely turn the shaft by hand. Frustrated, I installed a couple of spare Powermax II steppers onto X, and took the motor home.
I contacted Keling about it, to see if there would be any warranty. I was unsure, seeing as how it was in a very dirty environment, and had ordered it almost a year ago. He (john) responded within a matter of a couple of hours, and told me to mail it in, and if it had not been overheated, then they would honor a warranty on it.
I was, needless to say, very happy.
Fast forward to not even a full week later (yesterday evening), I contacted John to let him know that it should be there any day, he responded and asked if I could pay return shipping. I paid, and figured I would see a motor next week or so.
I just got a package dropped off on my doorstep, less than 24 hours later.:) It seems that John and crew went ahead and shipped me a motor before I even paid for return shipping.
That, my friends, is going above and beyond normal or even good service. I would recommend Keling to anyone, even if they had not warranteed my motor. Now, I believe I will have to spend a little more money with them.

John and crew at Keling, thanks so much. I appreciate all the help. You guys are the best.
James