PDA

View Full Version : importing into turbocnc

wantsout
03-28-2007, 07:21 PM
I have been working on my cnc mill and got the turbocnc to run my motors, and I have two programs that I can save a drawing to either, a DXF,HPGL file but I cant get my brain around what type of program to use to convert these drawing to a G-code file that Turbocnc will reconize. I will draw a drawing in Autocad and Export it as a DXF file and open it up in Coreldraw 12 and save it as a HPGL file but I get lost trying to get it in the Machining Program.(turbocnc). what does most of you ppl do without paying big bucks for a program that will convert these files to a G-code. Thanks

ger21
03-28-2007, 07:39 PM
No need to convert the .dxf to hpgl. Just convert it to g-code with ACE, available from the TurboCNC website www.dakeng.com

Be sure to save your .dxf's as R12 from AutoCAD.

wantsout
03-29-2007, 12:11 AM
Thank you I will try that and I will save it as an r12 in autocad, this is very adictive once you get started, now it is causing me to ask more Questions cheers

ata
05-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Hi,
Somebody can help me, I'm looking for CAM software, that can create gcode for TurboCNC/Mach3 to work with rotary table. I use solidedge for CAD. Thanks...(wrong)

JW Peters
05-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Hi Ata, Look here. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CNC_Toolkit/messages This is what I use. JP