PDA

View Full Version : velocity 3

championp
03-14-2007, 01:29 AM
velocity 3.0 is out today, they actually have a few good improvements but still no "undo"

Yuo can now save your tool, lead ins/outs speeds feeds doc etc in a template and apply it to different geomtry, So far I will never have to program a 3/8 16 counterbore in a2 tool steel again.

Booundaries on z finish and planar give you the option of insid/outside/on.

Z finish now has surface check as well!

chris

Traceman
03-19-2007, 09:39 AM
velocity 3.0 is out today, they actually have a few good improvements but still no "undo"

Yuo can now save your tool, lead ins/outs speeds feeds doc etc in a template and apply it to different geomtry, So far I will never have to program a 3/8 16 counterbore in a2 tool steel again.

Booundaries on z finish and planar give you the option of insid/outside/on.

Z finish now has surface check as well!

chris

Did they mail it out or will I have to wait till my renewal comes up again to get the improvement? I am trying to run it on Vista now and it does not work so well. Has anyone else tried it on Vista yet?

championp
03-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Ours just showed up one day. Haven't tried vista yet

moldcore
03-24-2007, 12:19 PM
We’ve had it for a few weeks. And we’ve just about had it with Surfware. They just don’t get it! They make small improvements on the surface but underneath it’s still the same old lame interface with no undo. Why am I not surprised? One thing that showed its ugly head is this new separate check surfaces screen for planar cuts. It doesn’t allow multiple picks of surfaces unless they share the same attributes such as color. You have to pick one at a time and assign each the amount to avoid, too many mouse clicks. And if you want to change cutters or the amount to leave for roughing and finishing cuts, you have to reselect everything again. Before you just made you changes and it recalculated everything for you. This is a huge step backwards.

sinderal
05-23-2007, 01:59 PM
1. I don't think other CAD/CAM also work fine with Vista ....
2. V3 which build? Surfware hasn't deliver any V3 to Asia Region and will deliver V3 SP1 to Asia Region! SURFCAM Velocity v3.0 SP1 build 268 is now available as a Release Candidate to All Sale Partners only!

CyborgCNC
05-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Agreed!! They are stepping backwards! Dumped it, and will never go back.

using MasterCam X2 MR1 now, and it is light years ahead!