PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Help with Novusun NVEM USB control card

morg769
05-25-2017, 01:15 AM
I had to replace a controller board. And now I have a Novusun Nvem USB Controller Card I have been trying to set it up with Mach 3. The A axis will not work unless I put an M00 in after my A axis move. Has anyone used this controller and if so had this problem? And what problems has any had with this controller?363210

JUGETEK-Rony
05-25-2017, 03:18 AM
I brought a copy one at low price : Novusun NVEM USB control card (https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/NVEM-4-axis-Mach3-CNC-controller_60641043826.html?)
It works well.

morg769
05-25-2017, 09:46 AM
What are your setting for the A axis? I can not get mine to work right.

socramor
06-05-2017, 09:50 AM
hi , i have the same. can u upload a photo of ur wiring diagram?

morg769
06-06-2017, 02:49 AM
Hello Socramor

I will tell you I sent mine back. The A-axis would not step right and after a few lines of code it would tell me there was an USB ERROR and stop. I am going back to my old breakout board and a UC400ETH Motion Controller. But here is a rough wiring diagram of what I had. Hope it helps and if you need any other questions let me know. Rod

EVHARTECH
06-07-2017, 04:11 AM
Hello friends.

I have one simple a great problem and the seller doesn´t give me a ny solution for it. I purchased a unit of NVUM 200KHZ 3 axis controller USB and when I connect it to the CPU the system doesn´t recognize the USB device, is general setting there is a device with no driver valid. Could anybody help me for config the device with win10 or win7?

I´m trying to looking for a driver for this but only I get the plugin for Mach3 but not the drive, is a unknowed USB device for my system.

Thanks for all.

socramor
06-07-2017, 08:00 AM
Hello Socramor

I will tell you I sent mine back. The A-axis would not step right and after a few lines of code it would tell me there was an USB ERROR and stop. I am going back to my old breakout board and a UC400ETH Motion Controller. But here is a rough wiring diagram of what I had. Hope it helps and if you need any other questions let me know. Rod

thanks!! morg76.. the diagram looks great! but , i bought novosun few days ago,,and still not received!! it should have tomorrow, i tell u when i have!..

i saw the photo (http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=363210&d=1495689298) u post and is the NVUM version , but the title says NVEM.. I bought the NVUM version but I imagine the connections will be the same.
Excuse me for my bad english.

morg769
06-07-2017, 09:19 AM
Hello,

I believe that it uses the windows USB driver the .DLL file tells mach 3 to use the USB and not the I/O port. And if I remember right it did not show up as a USB device I know they set me the wrong .DLL file here is a link : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anu2fcNTRdrBhQI-io24QGIseSeY for the ones they set me to try, I had to install the NVUM_F in the Mach3 Plugins and that got it working at the time. But I sent my card back so can't check it for you.

morg769
06-07-2017, 09:29 AM
It is the same one, when I posted I typed the name off the manual they had me download witch was the wrong one for the card they sent. I had a NVUM the U is for USB and E for Ethernet. But I order an Ethernet one and they sent me a USB and the wrong download for the .DLL files.

asuratman
07-27-2017, 10:09 AM
Do you know about the 5 axis USB Mach3 BL BOB as in the picture attached 368930
The specs as follow:
Dim: 60x90mm H 18.5mm
1, full support hold MACH3 software
2, support Windows XP, WIN7/8/10 32/64b
3, external wide input voltage, 12-24 V, and anti inverse function.
4, all input signals are connected by optical isolation isolation, emergency stop, knife, limit, back to zero, to protect computer security.
5, through the optocoupler 0-10 V analog output voltage can be controlled by the 0-10 V analog input voltage the spindle speed control.
6, provide 4 output ports, can be connected with optocoupler module relay, cooling water control, spraying, etc.
7, provide PWM output, can be controlled with optocoupler input PWM pin speed regulator.

USB cable inclusive
Program & manual by email.

morg769
07-27-2017, 01:59 PM
That is the one I had and could not get to work right and sent back. If you have not bought one yet I would buy and ESS or USS.and a BOB from Warp9 Tech Design ESS and USS SmoothStepper motion control boards for Mach 3 and Mach4. I useing the ESS with a TB6560 3rd Gen 5 axis and it works great..The UC400eth from Automation Technology Inc. came dead and they have done nothing to replace or refound. Had to file dispute to get my money back. I do know a little, what would you like to know?

asuratman
07-27-2017, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the info, sorry the picture gone.

ky1duck
10-22-2017, 01:21 PM
I bought the NVUM to upgrade my old LPT cards. have got most most to work, but cant get the steppers to work all they move really slow or just jerk and hum. (they worked great with last card.) I am using an older xp computer(tried it with newer laptop to same thing.) m542 steppers and nema23 steppers. like I said everything else works just find, have played with motor tuning and every setting. thought the motor setting wouldn't change just because I changed the control card. any one got any ideas on what I might be doing wrong.

thanks
robert

tholling55
10-24-2017, 03:35 PM
I would like to see what the NVUM looks like without the cover. Can someone take a picture and post so that we can see what is there and maybe get an idea of how well it might be isolated?
Tholling55

ky1duck
10-24-2017, 08:59 PM
I would like to see what the NVUM looks like without the cover. Can someone take a picture and post so that we can see what is there and maybe get an idea of how well it might be isolated?
Tholling55

I'll try and snap you a few after work tomorrow.

ky1duck
10-25-2017, 03:08 PM
I'll try and snap you a few after work tomorrow.

Here they are

tholling55
10-25-2017, 06:09 PM
Here they are
Wow those are great photos. I just ordered one. I see fairly decent optoisolators, and the power supply has two levels of isolation. I would feel a lot better with schematics, but I can guess at most of what is there. I downloaded the plugin and have it working with a demo copy of Mach3. It works with no hardware, just does not do a lot. I should have it in a few days. Anyone know what the missing U4 is? Probably a dual opto guessing from the picture. I have a 1.5kw spindle working with an old parallel BOB. I just got tired of the hassle and wanted to reduce the support issues. I have a not too old unused laptop that is perfect for this, ending up with a lot less cables and space taken up.
Thanks ky1duck

ky1duck
10-25-2017, 08:43 PM
No problem. I ended up not using mine. Everything worked but it would not drive my stepper drivers. No matter how I tuned them. They would just sit there and chatter. Not sure if it was a bad nvum or it didn't like my m542 drivers. Will find out when my friend brings his scope over so I can see the output. But after talking to the place I got it from they refunded my money and told me to keep the card. Just going back to my 2 Bob's instead. A lot less trouble that way.

tholling55
10-25-2017, 10:28 PM
Ky1duck: I was able to get a board very quickly. I had already modified my power supplies and had everything ready. Installed Estop, no problem. Installed X axis driver interface as documented. It sat there and did nothing just as you described. Then I realized that my parallel breakout board had the negative side of the signals as common. What the NVUM labels as com is actually + 5volts. I switched the com over to the plus side of the step and direction, then tied my incoming DIR- and STEP- signals. To be fair there is a tiny plus sign next to the COM, but I am old and half blind. Works like a charm. I need to learn more about Mach3 before I do much more. Cheers. thanks for the assistance. I did not believe I could possibly get it running this fast. Now to figure out the spindle interface. Please let me know if I can document anything I did to help you. WooHoo

ky1duck
11-07-2017, 09:52 PM
Well after getting my friends o-scope and running some test on my parallel port Bob's and the nvum. I think I found out my problem. It's the step pulse is to small coming from the nvum at 2uS and my Bob's are putting out pulse at 6uS. See pics below. Even tho my stepper drivers (old m542) say they will work at 1.5uS.

So what stepper motor drivers being used with nvum?

And after changing every setting in mach3 even under the motor tune and setting it to 5 dosent change what the nvum puts out.

tholling55
11-08-2017, 09:15 PM
So what stepper motor drivers being used with nvum?.

I am using HY-DIV268N-5A, with minor modifications. All three axis are working well with two NEMA 23 and one NEMA 34 motor. I have run them fast and slow. Not seeing any dropout.
I am using a 25Volt power supply to the NVUM, and 36 volts to the drivers. The 36 volt supply is analog with a large transformer. I also have a 100 UF 63V cap at the top of each driver on the power terminals. With the distributed capacitance not getting much noise. I will try to get an oscilloscope on it this weekend.
tholling55

tholling55
11-15-2017, 11:57 AM
I thought about the issue you documented and wanted to note that there are several versions of the NVUM USB driver out. One is labeled 100KHZ. That driver does not work reliably in my system either. It does something odd to the motor timing. I tried it, then switched back to the original driver and everything seems reliable again. Which driver are you using?

ky1duck
11-30-2017, 10:07 PM
Sorry for the delay, been busy at work. I have 3 different versions Of the driver, I am using k eight now. And I did find out that it was just wouldn't work with my old m5r2 drivers. I ordered a few tb6600 and it works good with them. On a down note I blew the motor control board in my x2, waiting for my new and whole lot better one to show up now. Will be doing a full review video on 2 different motor control board I found. A good one and a cheap Chinese one.

panneer-cnc
06-25-2018, 03:33 AM
Hello Socramor

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=364190&stc=1
Hi, thanks for sharing the detail which is more useful. Since im building a CNC machine as a first time Hobby work, im literally confused on the wiring, im planning to make two different type of 6 axis machine operation 1) Orientable-Spindle machine 2) Orientable-table Machine. based on the manual i have done teh wiring detail for all the component, Still im unable to conclude the wiring completion for VFD / Limit switch /E-Stop / MPG. and need the list of power supply on the same.

here with im attaching the available circuit diagram, request you to cross verify and guide me for the further wiring, if there is nay correction required, plz let me know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1slU-F-UnR8qgxo5lyPxN9zuPfswfRd0t/view?usp=sharingttps://drive.google.com/open?id=1slU-F-UnR8qgxo5lyPxN9zuPfswfRd0t

Kindly do teh needful

panneer-cnc
06-25-2018, 03:42 AM
I brought a copy one at low price : Novusun NVEM USB control card (https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/NVEM-4-axis-Mach3-CNC-controller_60641043826.html?)
It works well.

Hi, thanks for sharing the detail which is more useful. Since im building a CNC machine as a first time Hobby work, im literally confused on the wiring, im planning to make two different type of 6 axis machine operation 1) Orientable-Spindle machine 2) Orientable-table Machine. based on the manual i have done teh wiring detail for all the component, Still im unable to conclude the wiring completion for VFD / Limit switch /E-Stop / MPG. and need the list of power supply on the same.

here with im attaching the available circuit diagram, request you to cross verify and guide me for the further wiring, if there is nay correction required, plz let me know.

6 axis NVUM control board.pdf (https://www.cnczone.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=395810&d=1529911926)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1slU...xN9zuPfswfRd0t (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1slU-F-UnR8qgxo5lyPxN9zuPfswfRd0t/view?usp=sharingttps://drive.google.com/open?id=1slU-F-UnR8qgxo5lyPxN9zuPfswfRd0t)

Kindly do teh needful

panneer-cnc
07-02-2018, 05:54 AM
Hello Socramor

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=364190&stc=1

Dear Friend

Since this is my first time machine build as my hobby work , Im totally confused and im unable to move further for the wiring connectivity keep struggling for months together.
Circuit details are mentioned below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HUmj7VmtEKq8aSsSRjvKwE3cKy8d-xW9/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qoTuc0Ft7fvBx3IssNaIot4S57fQGhZv/view?usp=sharing

Considering on the above circuit details , Kindly give the answer / guide /solution for each of the below question:
1) Im planning to operate the control board to make both the functional machine 1) orientable- Spindle machine 2) orientable - Table Machine { both the METHODOLOGY detail i have mentioned in the attached drawing } , is it possible operate in this method? Or needs to change any mentioned axis.

2) OPTION-1 as a Orientable -Spindle Machine = X- Axis / Y- Axis / Z- Axis / A-Axis (as a 4th axis) / B-Axis (as a 5th axis ) and W-Axis (as a 6th axis) basically where spindle alone will take action of move (up & down) ( front & Back), in the position of spindle body dependence on the effect of A-Axis & B- Axis . in this case can i take a control terminal from C Axis? or there are some other options available ? or its not possible? For your better understanding im attaching a machine detail with considered axis.

3) OPTION-2 as Orientable-Table Machine = X- Axis / Y- Axis / Z- Axis / B-Axis (as a 4th axis) / C-Axis (as a 5th axis ) . is it correct?

4) For OUTX connection , What is the capacity of relay needs to use for this complete setup? plz provide me the product link its possible.

5) What is the capacity of POTENTIOMETER needs to connect for this complete setup? plz provide me the product link its possible.

6) MPG wiring connections are correct? ( MPG product link -
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NVMPG-CNC-6-Axis-MPG-Manual-Pulse-Generator-with-Handwheel-LCD-Mach3-Only-use-our-company/32833573978.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.nfVxqg
)

7) VFD wire connection is correct? if any thing needs to add or if some thing is wrong plz guide me how to connect.(simple hand sketch also fine) (product link -
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-Spindle-Inverter-1-5KW-220V-for-CNC-Router-frequency-converter-1500W-fixed-with-1/2006873999.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.moeUKz
)

8) Im planning to make a physical HOMING & LIMIT SWITCH for the all 6 Axis ( X / Y / Z / A / B / C ) , in this case in manual there is one number of limit switch where shown, but im having 12 numbers , plz guide me how to connect? (simple hand sketch also fine)

9) If im using PROXIMEY limit switch means, how i can connect for all 6 Axis ?

10) In SPINDLE S-AXIS - ( INDEX ) Is this terminals not required to connect anywhere? If this terminals needs to have connection ? where to connect?

11) In OUT PORT ( OUT-4 , OUT-6 , OUT-8 , OUT-10 , OUT-5 , OUT-7 , OUT-9 ) which and are all the terminals not required to connect anywhere? which and are all the terminals needs to have connection ? where to connect?

12) In MPG ( 10X , E-STOP , B-IN , Z-IN , X-IN , 100X , 1X , C-IN , A-IN , Y-IN , GND ) which and are all the terminals not required to connect anywhere? which and are all the terminals needs to have connection ? where to connect?

13) In 12-32Vin = shall we go a head with 36V power supply ? If you can able to give teh product link will be much helpful.

14) Communication external interface terminal ( white plug with 4 connecting lead) where to connect? what its purpose? in manual also no detail available.

15) In INPUT PORT - ( INP-3 , INP-4 , INP-5 , INP-6 , INP-7 , 12V , INP-8 , INP-9 , INP-10 , INP-11 , INP-12 , GND 1 ) which and are all the terminals not required to connect anywhere? which and are all the terminals needs to have connection ? where to connect?

16) Kindly give the list of power supply unit for the complete set

17) Can we use this Control board for the plasma cutting machine too?

Request you to help me out to complete this project.

angelmoi
10-23-2018, 10:53 AM
Hi my friend could you please send to me USB cable inclusive
Program & manual by email.

angelmoi
10-23-2018, 10:55 AM
Hi asuratman i have thos card, but i don´t know how to use , could you please help me...

cncfoamshaper
11-01-2018, 02:26 PM
I'm running the Version 2 of this Controller (see my video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm6ZD2vEz1s
Unless the controller is bad it sounds like a settings issue in the MACH3 setup.
Follow the ports and pins setup from the Novsusun manual and you'll be ok. I have the A axis slaved to the y axis with the motor reversed. Works fine.

syntronik
11-02-2018, 06:58 AM
Anything is OK, i have only problems, the axis, do not go, example Z must be increas when go up, + direction, and - down direction, it's not possible, to reverse the
signal direction, i set anything, also to invert the motor by hardware, when i push Z + in the jog it go up, but count down, and is not possible to change,
what i can do??
Thanks
Maurizio Crescini
www.syntcncsrl.com

DigitalDream
11-13-2018, 05:19 AM
Go to Menu-Config-Port&Pins -- Motor Output on Mach3 sofware,you can change the Z axis direction.

Huan Chen
Digital Dream
Digital Dream Automation Technology Co., Ltd.Digital Dream (http://www.ddcnc.com)