PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with output from Pin 2 of LPT1

salvaCNC
02-02-2007, 11:56 AM
I have set up my X-axis step signal to PIN 2 in TCNC4.x. I installed a LED testing board to check all outputs, and PIN 2 never gets lit. When F2 is pressed, Pin 2 shows up darkened (I am using a B&W monitor). However, if I used the FKEYBIT port testing software included with TCNC, I can make the port light the LED from Pin 2.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks

Bubba
02-02-2007, 04:33 PM
F2 by itself will only show what is going on at that particular time. After pressing F2, try <alt>+F2 to make it active and it will scan the activity.

Have you tried something in MDI like G01 X2 to see if your axis will move?

salvaCNC
02-04-2007, 12:01 AM
I did a manual jog and it changed its state. Now, would it be possible that I can see the LED flicker if I run a longer command. I only see the LED ON all the time but I would like to know if it is sending any stepping signals. I do not own a oscilloscope.

Thanks

CJL5585
02-04-2007, 06:17 AM
I did a manual jog and it changed its state. Now, would it be possible that I can see the LED flicker if I run a longer command. I only see the LED ON all the time but I would like to know if it is sending any stepping signals. I do not own a oscilloscope.

Thanks

You will only be able to see the LED flicker or change states if the max speed is set to a very slow value like .1 inches per minute.

Any value of 5 pulses or more per second will cause the LED to appear to be turned on all the time. One might see the LED flicker at this pulse rate.