PDA

View Full Version : New Here Newbi with Chinese 2520t problem

kimb0
07-13-2016, 08:03 AM
Hi.

I am very new to the cnc hobby and ran into a problem, and really hope someone can help me

A wile ago i bought one of these: 2016 Newest !!! Mini Cnc Router 2520t Engraver/Milling/Drilling Machine For New User Home Use From Ebuystore, $485.64 | Dhgate.Com (http://www.dhgate.com/product/newest-mini-cnc-router-2520t-engraver-milling/265661306.html)

It is quite small but suit me very well, i was very happy with it (just doing small wood carvings) it was perfect for my doings

A month or so one of the control IC'ss blew and i was told it is my mistake i overworked the small 200watt spindle

So i bought new electronics for the control box, when it came i fitted them but the steppers id not want to move ( the DRO's move)I I made very sure of all the connections. he power was getting trough to the board but the steppers dont lock IE not getting power.

I contacted the supplier and he logged in to my pc via Teamvier and set everything again, but i still dont get movement

he gave up and told me the problem is with the pc, So i made this small video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWS4F8fVMe0

To show my problem and me testing the port and the driver

Can someone please help me fix this. I am loosing clients at the moment

Thank you

melvinbruce
07-14-2016, 08:32 AM
Hi there, stupid question but did you have the IC programed buy the guys you bought the machine from?

Also did your other axis move before?

kimb0
07-14-2016, 08:39 AM
Everything was working very good, then the ic blew. I bought complete now electronics from the supplier for the cnc. I just took the old board out and fitted the new board, thought it will just work because it is exactly the same board. But it did not

I presume the ic's were programed before they put them on the board

melvinbruce
07-14-2016, 09:35 AM
I see i thought you just replaced the ic on your old board,
Have you tried to swop the motor cables at the back and see if any of the other axis move?

kimb0
07-14-2016, 09:41 AM
No I have them just like they should be i will swap them around.

Tell me can a faulty parallel cable cause this?

melvinbruce
07-14-2016, 10:36 AM
Not sure about the cable, but if you another one try and swop it and see, might be a cheap fix.

kimb0
07-14-2016, 12:52 PM
After just about turning the house inside out, i found one. Will try it tomorrow and report back

melvinbruce
07-22-2016, 10:05 AM
So did you come right?

kimb0
07-22-2016, 10:09 AM
Hi Sorry i did not reply. No it was not the cable. After testing it looks like the control board is dead, they are sending me a new board

melvinbruce
07-22-2016, 10:11 AM
the first board , original one after it blew up were you able to move any of the other axis?

kimb0
07-22-2016, 10:15 AM
to be honest i did not switch it on again, i still have the board with the blown chip, i was just to scared something else blow . I replaced with the new board and did not get n response. no power going to the steppers (not locking up)

melvinbruce
07-22-2016, 10:21 AM
just asking, may be there is a fault still in the motor side blowing back to the board? when you get the new board, try leaving that motor not connected, see if you get movement on the other axis first, then power down and connect that motor, then power up again, what i would try to see if it would work. Good luck, or just build your self a new controller and beef it up a bit to handle your production requirements.

kimb0
07-22-2016, 10:25 AM
just asking, may be there is a fault still in the motor side blowing back to the board? when you get the new board, try leaving that motor not connected, see if you get movement on the other axis first, then power down and connect that motor, then power up again, what i would try to see if it would work. Good luck, or just build your self a new controller and beef it up a bit to handle your production requirements.

Sorry for the stupid question. How will i see if i get movement without the motor?
I wanted to build one but my knowledge is very limited with the electronics of cnc, what would i need?

melvinbruce
07-22-2016, 10:33 AM
i assume each IC there controls a different axis , so you could still move x and y if z was the faulty one before, not sure which one they had plugged into that IC,

As for building a new controller you would have to google a bit the software you are using, will it work with a arduino board, i used a ardunio mega 2560 with a ramps shied 1.4,

look here http://www.cnczone.com/forums/south-africa-club-house/308714-cnc-forum.html, it is a bit over kill, but should just work fine, it was all plug and play.

What size motors are you using?

kimb0
07-22-2016, 10:35 AM
small nema 17

melvinbruce
07-22-2016, 11:58 AM
In that case with the nema 17 motors you could use a arduino uno or a mega 2560 and run from the shield board directly.

kimb0
07-22-2016, 12:03 PM
In that case with the nema 17 motors you could use a arduino uno or a mega 2560 and run from the shield board directly.

Like i siad they are sending me a new control box, but can i ask you for advice in the future please. The power supply is one of those round copper winding things. I am not sure were to get the power for 5volt from

melvinbruce
07-22-2016, 12:07 PM
They are using a transformer, you got a couple of options there, build a stand alone power supply, or pick it up off the board.

kimb0
07-22-2016, 12:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNyncz9u6TQ

If you look here, that is what i have

melvinbruce
07-23-2016, 01:17 AM
hi in the video with the E stop released you should have zero Ohms, when you press the E stop it should open and you should have no continuity.
The top card looks like it is your power supply and the bottom car your control card, do you have all the voltages coming in and out of the power supply?
Have you asked the agents for diagram for the controller to fault find on?

melvinbruce
07-23-2016, 01:29 AM
Here is the diagram i built my machine from, Ploter CNC / Drukarka - gotowy projekt - REPRAPOWO - Forum Techniczne poświęcone budowie drukarek 3D (http://mojreprap.pl/viewtopic.php?t=4382)
google ardunio uno with shield diagram, that will be plenty for your nema 17 motors,

the part you will need a power supply, arduino uno, shield board, and Pololu A4988 driver module.
forum.hobbycomponents.com - View topic - CNC V3.0 Arduino Compatible Shield (HCARDU0086) (http://forum.hobbycomponents.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1747)
that way all you parts will be locally available, you can set it up and run it a bit harder if need.

kimb0
07-23-2016, 01:47 AM
Hi
The voltages is 18volt on the yellow and 38volt on the blue. I tested the just to make sure the they are giving out power so that is good. The red wire facing you gives out power to the controller.. i just cant think now how much, i will go have a look after breakfast. Regarding the testing, this is how they asked me to test for them :(
I will ask them for a diagram, thank you

kimb0
07-23-2016, 01:53 AM
Here is the diagram i built my machine from, Ploter CNC / Drukarka - gotowy projekt - REPRAPOWO - Forum Techniczne poświęcone budowie drukarek 3D (http://mojreprap.pl/viewtopic.php?t=4382)
google ardunio uno with shield diagram, that will be plenty for your nema 17 motors,

the part you will need a power supply, arduino uno, shield board, and Pololu A4988 driver module.
forum.hobbycomponents.com - View topic - CNC V3.0 Arduino Compatible Shield (HCARDU0086) (http://forum.hobbycomponents.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1747)
that way all you parts will be locally available, you can set it up and run it a bit harder if need.

I saw the uno with the shield on Banggood for quite cheep CNC Shield V3 3D Printer Expansion Board+A4988 Driver+ Geekcreit? UNO R3 Sale - Banggood.com (http://www.banggood.com/CNC-Shield-V3-3D-Printer-Expansion-BoardA4988-DriverUNO-R3-p-967060.html)
Thought it will not be enough need something more

melvinbruce
07-23-2016, 03:04 AM
I saw the uno with the shield on Banggood for quite cheep CNC Shield V3 3D Printer Expansion Board+A4988 Driver+ Geekcreit? UNO R3 Sale - Banggood.com (http://www.banggood.com/CNC-Shield-V3-3D-Printer-Expansion-BoardA4988-DriverUNO-R3-p-967060.html)
Thought it will not be enough need something more

Yep that is it, those A4988 can put out 2 amps max, you nema motors are 1,5 amps max, just make sure you use the heat sinks on the A4988 and in you configuration h file for the arduino uno board set you limit there.

melvinbruce
07-23-2016, 03:07 AM
Look at this video got some good info.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CmjB4WF5XA

kimb0
07-23-2016, 04:35 AM
ok coming from the transformer. blue wire 40volt, yellow wire 20volt. Red wire going down to the control board 43.8volt . I get continues on the stepper looking at the video from the left as pin one on the plug on pin 1 and 2 then 3 and 4 the same if the estop is pressed or not

melvinbruce
07-23-2016, 05:52 AM
ok coming from the transformer. blue wire 40volt, yellow wire 20volt. Red wire going down to the control board 43.8volt . I get continues on the stepper looking at the video from the left as pin one on the plug on pin 1 and 2 then 3 and 4 the same if the estop is pressed or not

not quite sure what the question here is, but from what i see there you seem to have all the correct voltages, the purpose of a e stop, is to stop the electrical circuit in an emergency,

kimb0
07-23-2016, 06:05 AM
Not sure why my last post did not go through. I get the same values no matter if the estop is pressed or not. Like the estop is not working

melvinbruce
07-25-2016, 03:45 AM
Not sure why my last post did not go through. I get the same values no matter if the estop is pressed or not. Like the estop is not working

they may have just a signed the estop in there program to pause or stop it should there be a problem during machining.

kimb0
07-25-2016, 06:38 AM
They send me a new control box, should be here by next week

melvinbruce
07-25-2016, 06:40 AM
They send me a new control box, should be here by next week
Did you ask them for the drawing to fault find?

kimb0
07-25-2016, 06:44 AM
I did ask hey told me they must get at the engineer

melvinbruce
07-25-2016, 06:48 AM
I did ask hey told me they must get at the engineer

Lol, they always need an engineer. Remember when I use to deal with Taiwan for the blow moulded I use to repair, same story. Need a engineer.

kimb0
07-25-2016, 06:51 AM
Yea and the lady hellping me is really not clued up. Seem like she just say what was told to her

kimb0
07-29-2016, 07:14 AM
got the new control bx and everything works again :)

question: i am trying to clamp some small objects down with double sided tape, but it keeps on coming loose, also hot glue. Is the some kind of trick to this?

melvinbruce
07-29-2016, 09:25 AM
got the new control bx and everything works again :)

question: i am trying to clamp some small objects down with double sided tape, but it keeps on coming loose, also hot glue. Is the some kind of trick to this?

the double sided tape must be good quality 3M, then it should work fine, as for the hot glue gun it must cool down completely.

kimb0
07-29-2016, 09:31 AM
ok thank you