PDA

View Full Version : mach2 versus EMC

georgebarr
02-22-2004, 05:14 AM
How does Mach2 compare with EMC? Is it work getting MACH2 for the price if EMC is available? I plan to buy very soon if mach2 is worth it. Also, will the Mach2 digitizing feature work with a laser digitizer?

Thanks,

kong
02-22-2004, 06:33 AM
To answer your first question, yes, buy Mach2 - but check out the demo first to be safe!
Just before christmas I spent many days getting EMC up and running, but was never pleased with it. For starters it is difficult to setup, editing the ini file then having to restart EMC every time you need to adjust the settings. This is after/if you manage to install it in the first place of course. The biggest problem I had with it is the 1 second delay between pushing the hotkey to jog the machine, and machine jogging, then releasing the hot-key, the machine continued to jog for a second or so. Maybe it was my system, maybe it was me, but Mach2 was so easy to use compared to EMC, that is was worth every penny for this feature alone! Jeff Davis gave this product a great review in the reviews section of this site, that you may want to check out.

John S.
02-22-2004, 09:46 AM
George,
Unless you are into flagulation, bondage or machochism steer clear of EMC and go for Mach2.
At least you will be able to sleep nights.
Art is doing a wonderful job and is keeping well up which can't be said for EMC.
If you look what Art has achieved and released in the last year and then compare this to EMC you will see what I'm saying.

John S.

ballendo
02-22-2004, 12:32 PM
Hello,

Ditto.

Although Mach2 shares it's roots with EMC, the distance between them now is vast...

EMC has become a camel, IMO... (A horse designed by committee)

Having said that, there are some VERY good people working VERY hard on changing what needs changing in EMC. So if you ask the question next year, the answer might be different...

But I don't think so.

As an ad once said, "By the time the others catch up, we will have moved ahead... Again."

Ballendo

Originally posted by John S.
George,
Unless you are into flagulation, bondage or machochism steer clear of EMC and go for Mach2.
At least you will be able to sleep nights.
Art is doing a wonderful job and is keeping well up which can't be said for EMC.
If you look what Art has achieved and released in the last year and then compare this to EMC you will see what I'm saying.

John S.