PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! OMNI 1325 problems

jmresler
03-21-2016, 03:53 PM
I just received my Omni 1325 and have had several problems. I have Vectric's Aspire program to do CAD/CAM work with and I have yet to find a post processor that generates workable G-Code for the machine. I tried their recommended G Code (mm)(tap) processor and that did not work. There were several Omnitech... post processors, none of which works. The file loads fine from the USB but when I try to run the file I get an error message indicating the file type is not recognized. Yes, it's a FAT32 file. Anyone had success dealing with this? The Omni guy keeps telling me to use that post processor and FWIW, I wrote post processors for Cessna aircraft and I know a little bit more than the average bear about them. I'm bald or I'd tear my hair out.

I am also experiencing really stupid communications issues with their support and hopefully one of you that's already felt the pain can help me with this...? My 1325 came with what I am sure is a Kerosene coolant tank for cutting metal, although I said I did not want it. I have turned the machine on twice and warmed up the spindle and now that device is beeping with an Er01 message on it which I think reasonably can be assumed to be an error. Nothing in the manual mentioned it. Any ideas re: how to fix it?

- Frustrated in Phoenix

gfacer2
03-21-2016, 05:29 PM
what controller?

jmresler
03-23-2016, 12:13 PM
The controller is a Chinese controller and the closest name I can provide is a RichAuto controller.

gfacer2
03-23-2016, 12:19 PM
Generally omni uses a dsp controller (pendent style) or syntec. Maybe some picture?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

gfacer2
03-23-2016, 12:23 PM
Never mind a quick google says is the DSP - sorry edit - now we just need to figure out which one.

gfacer2
03-23-2016, 12:39 PM
Anyhow you could PM Rusty from the omni forum - he has a DSP (he says which one in a thread somewhere - its got the bigger LCD A58 maybe? and he might have a post that works for artcam - might help you find the right one for vectric or he might know someone else with one that uses vectric. Can't help with the error though.

gfacer2
03-23-2016, 12:49 PM
Try here: Vectric Forum ? View topic - PP for Chinese machine with DSP? (http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3896&p=25343&hilit=dsp#p25343)

djcregan
03-23-2016, 12:58 PM
You could also try emailing vectric direct, they are normally very helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmresler
03-23-2016, 10:09 PM
Thanks all, I will be using the 'G Code (mm)(tap)' post processor. The same post exists in ArtCam (express) and Vectric Aspire.
There are several other post processors for Omni CNC's but there must be more than one Omni CNC manufacturer from China... :-)

RUSTY2
03-27-2016, 02:29 PM
I have a DSP controller if you have a single spindle unit no ATC try using Model Master 3 axis flating