PDA

View Full Version : Pin Configuration for minitech2

gone4pepsi
12-22-2006, 08:08 AM
Does anyone know the pin configuration for the minitech2?
I'm trying to use mach3 and can't seem to find anyone that will share this info with me. All help appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Mark

turmite
12-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Hi Mark,

I read the other minitech2 thread and have come to the conclusion that there are not enough of those around for folks to have ecnough experience to share with you. I'm going to ask the obvious but have you went to the Mach support forum or the Yahoo group? This sounds like a very unique setup and you may have to have lot more help that just this forum.

Mike

gone4pepsi
12-22-2006, 11:05 AM
Yeah i went to minitech machinery and they never return phone calls unless you're spending 8grand. I went to mach3 but i guess i still haven't met the right people. I have Had a few contact me with mintech2 but, even, they were reluctant to help me out with the pin configuration.
Thanks
Mark

turmite
12-22-2006, 02:27 PM
Mark contact Art directly through his support email and explain your situation. It might take him a little while but I promise you will get help.

Is all the original wiring still there?

Mike

gone4pepsi
12-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Yeah all the original is in tact. I did get the motors to hold, as if they get power to them, but can't get the pins configured to get any type of response.
Thanks
I'll contact Art and see what he has to say. I appreciate any help.
Mark

gone4pepsi
02-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Yeah i went to minitech machinery and they never return phone calls unless you're spending 8grand. I went to mach3 but i guess i still haven't met the right people. I have Had a few contact me with mintech2 but, even, they were reluctant to help me out with the pin configuration.
Thanks
Mark I need to UPDATE THIS SITE ON mINITECH mILLS

I met Jack, of minitech at the mach3 forum. He worked with me every step of the way, in my problems with my MINITECH2 MILL

He was in constant contact with me coaching me thru the software. Jack was determined to see my mill up and running. After a few weeks of trial an error, we determined that i had 2 bad drivers and two bad motors.

Jack, has since sent me a refurbished board at no charge.

He didn't have to do any of this. I bought this mill on the second market, and not from him.

Jack, did tell me that my machine would run slow, due to the fact that this mill was built back in the caveman days , probably one of the first ones designed. He also suggested that If i upgraded to a bipolar controller , that this machine would be well worth having.

This machine was well bult with the round rails, brass bushings, and the heavy duty spindle.
I plan onmn upgrading the motors and controllers and keeping my minitech.
To those of you, who are, still having problems with your minitech.
Please contact Jack@minitech.com directly .
He wants to hear from you.

Jack is the kind of person that will go above and beyond to help, but
you need to contact him directly.

Also be patient, he's a busy man. I assure you that he will get in touch if you email him directly jack@minitech.com