PDA

View Full Version : Prototype Mold needed.

Aerobuilt
12-14-2006, 09:53 PM
I've been looking for the RFQ on this site but haven't been able to seem to find it. Or if anyone can show me the way to it... Must have moved during the last upgrade.
I'm currently looking for someone who can help me out. I need a mold for casting wax patterns. It's small but a little tricky. I've got it modeled up, just need a quote. If any of you home shop guys want to give it a shot that's ok. Just need two halves that will not be for automation or anything. It's currently 1/34th of the entire part, you'll understand once you see the pictures.
I would like to help out the starving and the needy in the buisness if I can. I don't have a time frame, and possibly could use someone that can cast it for me. Probably Aluminum for the first one. Sandcast, maybe with some machining. Depends on the cost I suppose. Thanks for the help,

MoldMaker
12-15-2006, 12:00 AM
I've been looking for the RFQ on this site but haven't been able to seem to find it. Or if anyone can show me the way to it... Must have moved during the last upgrade.
I'm currently looking for someone who can help me out. I need a mold for casting wax patterns. It's small but a little tricky. I've got it modeled up, just need a quote. If any of you home shop guys want to give it a shot that's ok. Just need two halves that will not be for automation or anything. It's currently 1/34th of the entire part, you'll understand once you see the pictures.
I would like to help out the starving and the needy in the buisness if I can. I don't have a time frame, and possibly could use someone that can cast it for me. Probably Aluminum for the first one. Sandcast, maybe with some machining. Depends on the cost I suppose. Thanks for the help,

Can you send a file, or give an Idea how big the part is?
I can take almost any file type .
Ken

Aerobuilt
12-15-2006, 08:26 AM
What type of file would you like? IGES? Parasolid? ect. I will send it as soon as I can. The part is approx. 1.5" x 4.2" x 2.5". I also found the RFQwork.com site and have a few pictures there as well. I currently work with UG NX2, so if you need any changes to help out,( blends, chamfers, ect.) let me know. Also note that I have not added material for shrinkage or machining.

Thanks,

MoldMaker
12-15-2006, 10:11 AM
NX2 Native file would be fine, and a parasolid would probably be a smaller file size.

Aerobuilt
12-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Here is the Parasolid zipped up. You will have to add for shrinkage and machining. Let me know if any changes need to be made to the model. Thanks,
Kerry

Aerobuilt
12-19-2006, 10:30 PM
It might be easier if I broke it up into three parts, for three simple molds. Here are the outer, inner, and turbine(fin) portions. I think the other mold would have been too labor intensive. I could also do the smoothing and polishing if that also is too labor intensive. This is just for a prototype and will most likely be changed down the road.

Thanks.