PDA

View Full Version : DNC Flu

GEARBUD
02-03-2004, 11:08 AM
I'm a new member here and I'm very impressed with this forum!
Her's my prob.
My Meldas3M gets the semicolon flu when I DNC a file out of cimco. Everything works well until the word "END" ,which is in a comment, is read by the control.
Then the cnc stops with a P32 "address error"
I thought comments were ignored. So to fix the prob I edit "ENDmill to E-mill"
What Gives!

cncadmin
02-03-2004, 11:21 AM
Glad to have you aboard!

HomeCNC
02-04-2004, 01:53 AM
Interesting..... What are you using as your comment character. My gcode uses a "(" and then a ")" closed one on the end.

GEARBUD
02-04-2004, 08:48 AM
Thanks Jeff,

I do use rounded brackets at beginning and end. One time when having this prob I went back and spelled the suspected word backwards and the controler liked it. On programs used from controler memory these comments never have bothered.
Sure is strange!

cncmitch
01-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Just a thought, maybe Cimco is interpreting the (END) as something "special" and doing something with it, like converting it to something else as it send the program tot he machine, kind of like a "search and replace"

Al_The_Man
01-15-2005, 11:42 PM
My Mitsubishi manual shows error P32 as ADDRESS ERROR 'An address not listed in the specifications has been used'. The given remedy is 'Check and revise program address'.
I have never come accross this before and the explanation is a bit cryptic. :)
It looks like the control sees it as an illegal address for some strange reason.
Al
I just noticed this was first posted in March last year so I guess you may have it figured by now. :)