PDA

View Full Version : Mentor in Upstate NY, Capitol District???

victorf
12-09-2006, 07:22 AM
I purchased a new Taig CNC mill to be used for fabricating front panels for my electronics applications. I need help in the physical mechanical set up of the project on the mill.

Any enlightenment will be appreciated.

heilcnc
12-09-2006, 08:14 PM
hi great to see someone else from upstate ny like me on cnczone maybe i can help i have been machinist for 25 years i program and run machining centers at my full time job and have a small shop in my basement with cnc mini mill , manual lathe ,surface grinder,drill press,comparator,and othor tools
i am about 90 miles from albany south(sidney)

ww_kayak
12-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Well, I'm about 45 minutes north on Rt 26 in Rome, and I may just bug you too :-)

victorf
12-16-2006, 06:29 AM
Thanks to heilcnc and ww_kayak for responding. I live in Schenectady. I would like to ask both of you if we could correspond privately (off forum) from time to time to get a little help? My e-mail address is victorf@windreader.com. I would be happy to hear from either of you. I doubt that I know enough about machining or cnc to be much help, but I am sure to come up with questions. I'm a beginner and have no machining/cnc experience.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Vic

ww_kayak
12-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Sorry for the confusion Vic, I meant that I may bug heilcnc from time to time also :-)
However, as you figure stuff out, post some updates, so I can learn too :-)