PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! 4x8 or 5x10 - Table Build Options

Bob La Londe
10-26-2015, 10:48 AM
Eventually I'ld like to add a decent size sheet goods router to my operation. I'm leaning towards the CNC Router Parts Pro kit. I'm curious though about the table build process to set the machine on. I'm getting older and laying down on the floor to change bits or clamp sheet just doesn't appeal to me. I would love to see some other table setups. How you braced and leveled everything. I know its not possible for 9 to 11 foot long extrusions to stay even halfway straight if the surface they are resting on is not straight and level. So far I've just worked with mills (pretty easy to level) or one tiny poorly made Chinese Router that couldn't be improved by leveling if you wanted to.

jueston
10-26-2015, 03:23 PM
if you go though the build threads throughout the cncrp forum here you will see many solutions to tables, i built a torsion box style table for my pro4848 and i have been very happy with it, i used large lag bolts going through the bottom of the legs as feet which are adjustable. i did a bit of research working at different height work stations to figure out what height i wanted my table to be at and i found a height which was comfortable for me.