PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Horizontal Roughing problem

fidelio999
10-23-2015, 02:23 AM
Hi guys,I'm Newbie in Rhinocam and I need help.
For example---- I do an Horizontal Roughing with stepdown control (dZ) 3mm
intol 0,01
Outol 0,01
Stock 0.5

the toolpath doesn't respect the allowance, i have stock=2.2mm and It's a problem.
Can you help me???

Thanks

Jon.N.CNC
10-23-2015, 05:32 AM
By tolerance do you mean rest material ie material to be left for finishing passes?

fidelio999
10-23-2015, 06:50 AM
Thanks fo the reply :)
The material to be left for finishing passes!

fidelio999
10-26-2015, 03:34 AM
By tolerance do you mean rest material ie material to be left for finishing passes?

and I use a tool 32 in diameter with a radius 8

Jon.N.CNC
10-26-2015, 04:27 AM
Thanks fo the reply :)
The material to be left for finishing passes!

Sorry fidelio I asked you that just to clarify for any rhino users to better answer your question, but I'm not experienced enough with it to answer your question accurately I'm afraid. The only thing that comes to mind is that the tolerance Setting you speak of is only effecting the cutting accuracy tolerance and not the rest material tolerance. Could be another setting possibily an offset to do that.

Sorry I cannot be if more help But surely a rhino cam user here that can better answer this question.

Melkiades
10-28-2015, 08:40 AM
Dimension you shows looks like pass depth. Rhino recalculate pass depth to unify all the passes.
E.g. if total cut depth 5mm (including stock), and you set pass depth to 3mm , so real depth will be 2.5mm/pass.

fidelio999
10-30-2015, 02:42 AM
Dimension you shows looks like pass depth. Rhino recalculate pass depth to unify all the passes.
E.g. if total cut depth 5mm (including stock), and you set pass depth to 3mm , so real depth will be 2.5mm/pass.

Ok! I understand :)
Do you have a method to solve this problem?

Melkiades
10-30-2015, 06:04 PM
Ok! I understand :)
Do you have a method to solve this problem?

Just keep in mind this when set total depth and depth/pass. Set additional depth in final pass if needed
Usually i don't care about it - less depth means less tool load...