PDA

View Full Version : G91 and single quadrant G02/03

Karl_T
11-27-2006, 09:06 AM
I'm a new owner of a wire EDM. Very old control. paper tape and a BTR purchased later.

The machine only has G91 mode. All moves relative.

Also, G02 and G03 only do one quadrant per command. It takes four commands to do a circle. Format is the same as Fanuc in G91 mode. One quirk, if X Y I or J are zero; the they must be omitted or read exactly X00 Y00 I00 J00

Otherwise, the Gcode looks very much like a mill (just no Z moves). I have example programs I'd like to plot with NCPlot. More importantly, I'm thinking of using Autocad to make a drawing and importing to NCPlot. Then generate the Gcode.

Can NCPlot do this? How?

Karl

Switcher
11-27-2006, 09:32 AM
More importantly, I'm thinking of using Autocad to make a drawing and importing to NCPlot. Then generate the Gcode.

First, before you can generate g-code, you need to have a DXF file.

Do you have the DXF file? :cheers:

Karl_T
11-27-2006, 09:42 AM
I'd didn't dwell on that for this query. Sure, that's the easy part. What I need is a way to make Gcode. And I'd like to plot it to verify before running.

Karl

Switcher
11-27-2006, 10:58 AM
(1) Open NcPlot (latest version)

(2) File

(3) Import DXF File (select your file)

(4) When the DXF file loads a box will pop-up, Select Convert.

(5) Convert All

You now have g-code.

(6) File

(7) Save File AS

(8) Save as type = Text File (*.txt)

You now have a DXF file converted to g-code, saved as .txt file, that should run on most controls, & can be plotted in NcPlot.

Karl_T
11-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Yes, you're missing the point of my query.

This Gcode file will be in G90 mode and any G02/03 commands will be for full circles, etc. Not limted to one quadrant per arc.

Karl

MetLHead
11-27-2006, 09:21 PM
Hi Karl,

I can't think of a simple way to do this off the top of my head, but I'll look at it some more. The problem, of course, is that the DXF to G-Code converter doesn't allow you to create multi-quadrant arc commands. It will simply output it as one command. It also will output the motion commands as absolute, as you said. These things will take a little time to get working, but I'll start looking at it.

Thanks,
Scott

HuFlungDung
11-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Is it not possible to break the circle in Autocad at the quadrant lines before the export of the file?