PDA

View Full Version : Highly Skilled CAD/CAM Designer seeks Machine Shop Apprenticeship (D/FW Area)

dcordova
11-26-2006, 10:46 PM
I am a 10 year CAD/CAM veteran familiar with designing machined billet parts for marine and motorcycle applications. I have a strong work ethic and am no stranger to hard work. I have some experience working with CNC/Manual Vertical Milling Centers and CNC/Manual lathes. I would like to expand this knowledge in a partnership with a local (<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.cnczone.com/forums/ /><st1:City w:st=Mansfield</st1:City>, <st1:City w:st="on">Arlington</st1:City>, <st1:City w:st="on">Grand Prairie</st1:City>, <st1:City w:st="on">Irving</st1:City>, <ST1:pSouth Dallas</ST1:p area) machine shop. I would be willing to assist with Solidworks modeling/drafting using my own PC. My<ST1:p</ST1:p knowledge is limited to programming 3-axis routers, but I have Mastercam and plan on learning it in the near future.
<O:p</O:p
I am available for second shift (After 4pm) and Saturday & Sundays.
What I am looking for:<O:p</O:p
On-hands experience working with Manual/CNC mills and lathes. $10/hr or possibly trade for machine time on personal projects I am pursuing.
What you are getting:<O:p</O:p
Mill and Lathe assistant below market value and Solidworks designer for 1/5 my normal rate. (I will be willing to work 50/50 design/machining.)<O:p</O:p