PDA

View Full Version : Oxy Acetylene gas saver - pilot light

zcases
11-25-2006, 05:07 PM
OK next question - where do I find the oxy acetylene shutoff valves with the pilot light?

Scott

Dugg
02-19-2007, 08:53 PM
I don't think you do find them. You might want to invent them.
I use a candle for a pilot light.

CJL5585
02-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Which gas for the pilot?

Acetylene gas is very dirty.
Oxygen is not an option in my opinion.

ViperTX
02-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Electronic igniter, but that also requires that the gas valves be electrically/electronically operated.

NC Cams
02-21-2007, 05:21 PM
A natural gas pilot is probably the "safest"/cheapest pilot light to consider.

If it works in a home furnace or a home stove a hot water heater, it should be OK for a torch.

If this is a PITA, then a spark lighter should be your fall back option.

Weldtutor
02-21-2007, 10:36 PM
oxy acetylene shutoff valves with the pilot light?

If you mean the type pictured, this LINK (http://www.daishin-lab.com/english/brazing/gas.html) will take you to an Asian manufacturers site.

Local welding suppliers should be able to sell you one.

Dugg
02-23-2007, 09:43 PM
Turn your torch off if you're doing something that doesn't reguire the torch for several minutes and have a SFC (Simple .... Candle) near your torch cradle to relight it when you need it. You should be able to turn off both gases when you cradle the torch with one hand. Then pick it up, open the acetylene to light it off the candle, add oxygen to settle the flame and adjust, all with one hand. Heck, I'm left handed and can do it like I were shifting an F1 car in a tight turn.

zcases
02-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Thats it Weldtutor...........I think I'll start scrounging on eBay, I am getting prices of ~$150.

Just to clarify....I want to use this for a once a month job where I need to silver braze a run of parts. I can fixture a few at a time, then braze and repeat. I just get sick of relighting all the time, so I find the last few times I just leave the torch run while fixturing the next batch for a couple minutes.

Weldtutor
02-25-2007, 11:31 AM
I just get sick of relighting all the time, so I find the last few times I just leave the torch run while fixturing the next batch for a couple minutes.
I saw a welder doing just that, while sitting, & drop the torch in his lap.
He had rather nasty burns.:wee:

Attached is the gas saver I have.

babar.yasin
07-14-2012, 01:43 AM
If you mean the type pictured, this LINK (http://www.daishin-lab.com/english/brazing/gas.html) will take you to an Asian manufacturers site.

Local welding suppliers should be able to sell you one.

i want to buy this product related seller please contact me at byasin@kortechradiators.com