PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Sheetcam Z Axis problem

KiwiHaggis
06-22-2015, 10:50 PM
Hi,we have recently purchased a second hand plasma cuter with Mach 3 2.0 installed.We have also purchased Sheetcam 6.01.15.
I have found this program easy to use but have had problems with the Z axis G code.The torch moves correctly in the x and y axis but
when cutting it dives into the plate and drags across the sheet. I am not familiar at all with this language but have compared
some .tap files already on the Mach 3 (which work fine) with the g code the sheetcam produces for the same part and the z axis
values are quite different.I have gone over the machine setup several times and can't find what the problem is,I am totally stumped.
I have tried several post processors without success but MP1000-THC.scpost is the one used for the files already on the machine.
Any help would be much appreciated!Thanks in advance,Haggis.:confused:

Frank W
07-22-2015, 11:59 PM
Did you set up the offset in the MP1000 post?

If you have old tap files that have the correct offset and some new that have the wrong offset that could be the issue.

Torchhead
08-14-2015, 04:06 PM
look at the G code and compare the first touch off sequence: Starts with G28.1 Next few lines do the touch off, factor in the swtich offset (gets the value from the POST ) and raises to the pierce height then fires the torch (M03 code).