PDA

View Full Version : New Here naturesdesign

naturesdesign
06-01-2015, 12:26 PM
Hi everyone. Looking for help. I have a QS-L1490 CO2 laser cutting machine. The x-axis started making a terrible noise and jitters/bounces, all over the place. I cleaned the rail, removed the sliding block and cleaned it as well. I then regreased the little ballbearings (noticing that there is a gap between the balls in all 4 rows) Is this normal? Furthermore, the head does not move in the direction of the buttons on the control pad, in other words, I press RH arrow, the head moves to the left, and visa versa. I checked all wiring connections, all OK. I checked the pulley on the stepper motor, it's tight. I checked the idler pulley on the left side of the gantry, all ok, turns freely when belt removed. I adjusted the belt tension, no difference. Can anyone please help or give me information as to what the solution to this problem is. Thanking you in advance.

bennieheyneke
06-01-2015, 12:44 PM
Hi
I do not know your machine but from a previous problem on my machines it could be that step direction input is missing

naturesdesign
06-01-2015, 01:59 PM
HI. I am very new to this, I do not know what that means. :( My machine has been running without a glitch since September 2014 to now.

bennieheyneke
06-01-2015, 02:11 PM
Please give more details about your machine , i googled it but came up dry
What controller and stepper drivers does it have

naturesdesign
06-01-2015, 02:46 PM
Hi. I am scanning through the documents I received from China. I use Corel Draw on my laptop but the laser runs using RD Works.V8. It says here controller Model RDC644XG. I will have to go to the machine to see what stepper driver. The machine is called L1490 from Quinsheng China. They sent me these manuals. laser work 6442, V8.0, CW5000 . I am really not very clued up as my machine started up and cut perfectly once mirrors were aligned.

bennieheyneke
06-01-2015, 03:21 PM
Hi
i found your controller very similar to mine
if you look at the top row of plugs you will see x axis and y axis with removable plugs in
To eliminate faults swap the x and y plugs (power off first) restart and check if the problem is still on the x axis

naturesdesign
06-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Thank you - I will try that first thing in the morning. I am hoping that all the horrid noises will stop too :) I will let you know as soon as I fire up the machine. Many thanks again!

naturesdesign
06-02-2015, 05:17 AM
HI. I have done that. No change to the bumping and grinding. If the x axis is unplugged it runs smoothly.
Stepper motor: 57BYGH350c03

I think it may be the stepper motor on the x axis???

bennieheyneke
06-02-2015, 05:46 AM
Hi
From the controller the output will go to a stepper driver ,one for each axis .
check the wiring between the two units Especially the dir wire .
you can check the wiring from stepper driver to stepper motor as well , should be 4 wires
the stepper motor have two coils so you can measure the resistance to check the stepper.
is their any led on the stepper drivers
next try swap the two stepper drivers.

naturesdesign
06-02-2015, 05:54 AM
HI. Thank you where are the stepper drivers?
I see 2 black boxes one set marked X and the other Y.
Please forgive my idiocy :)

bennieheyneke
06-02-2015, 06:07 AM
On my machine Its next to the controller on the top
should be the ones marked x and y follow the wires to the stepper motors to make sure

bennieheyneke
06-03-2015, 08:23 AM
Is your machine fixed

naturesdesign
06-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Is your machine fixed
HI

Nope I got a new stepper motor. Leon installed it. today. Still doing exactly the same thing.
I am going to try to upload a video to show what it does. I am at a loss....

naturesdesign
06-05-2015, 03:22 PM
trying video thing - no sound - but believe me its grinding

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no. How do I fix that?

naturesdesign
06-05-2015, 03:23 PM
Can it just disappear?