PDA

View Full Version : The sound of the Crickets in here is DEAFENING!

mcphill
05-05-2015, 08:29 PM
:(

SWATH
05-05-2015, 08:57 PM
I wonder how many Mikinis are actually out there. Not that I care anymore but there probably aren't a lot. Plus since they are out of business people probably care even less.

Did you ever get your new BLDC driver figured out? Any more news from Defeng?

mcphill
05-06-2015, 08:34 AM
Defeng has resurfaced, and has posted a good bit on his thread. Sounds like 1 or 2 machines are en route to his first direct customers. I also got him to post the instructions for his spindle driver: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/vertical-mill-lathe-project-log/133172-cnc-software-forum-38.html#post1683208

I have not yet installed the driver, but hope to do so in the coming weeks. I will post up here when I do. Crossing my fingers that spindle speed consistency and high load capability is improved!

I agree there are likely only a few of us owners on here, probably 10 or less. I AM very glad Defeng will be there as a resource for us should be need to get some kind of support or information. I do love the mechanical machine of the Mikini, if only it had an equally capable electronics package and capable support, I think they could have done well. I wonder what the details around the closure were, I suspect the economy had a good bit to do with it.

SWATH
05-06-2015, 10:22 PM
Yeah the economy AND the spindle issues. I'm sure that alone scared off quite a few potential buyers. I'll be anxious to see how the new driver works out! I very glad Defeng showed back up and didn't leave everyone high and dry. Have you been using your Mikini at all?

slowtwitch
05-07-2015, 05:52 AM
I'm still hanging around. Haven't done anything to my mill in a long time... I do run it almost every day making my parts and could not be happier with the results. I really don't think of it as a Mikini mill anymore. I even removed all of the original decals. I just refer to it as "The Mill" :)

I'm at the point of wanting a tool changer. I have one on my Emco lathe and have been really spoiled with it. I had thoughts of building a tool changer, but, I decided when the time comes for a changer ...I'll get something like a Haas or a small Fadal..maybe a Brother cnc.

Anyway, hope you folks are doing well and making chips :)

mcphill
05-07-2015, 11:16 AM
Have you been using your Mikini at all?

Sadly no. I moved last September, and am still digging out, getting things in order in the new place... MUCH better setup, but haven't used the mill at all since the move.