PDA

View Full Version : Mach2 remote control

steveald
01-19-2004, 03:28 AM
Hi,

I want to set up 2 momentary push buttons on my gantry to perform Cycle Start and Pause functions so that the operator must be at the machine to start the program, and so the operator can pause the program rather than killing it with E-Stop. I will also have E-Stop switches to shut down all power (in series with main power switch on drive box) but sometimes the situation doesn't require such severe action. Is it possible to use a parallel port line to do that? Or would I need to buy a keyboard emulator card to interface with my switches? And can I disable keyboard control of the Cycle Start function so it requires momentary closure of an external switch to start?

Thanks

Steve

turmite
01-19-2004, 09:20 AM
Steve let me see if I can get this straight. You are going to have your keyboard somewhere different than you "new" buttons location, i.e. the keypad in the office and the two buttons on the machine?? If that is not the case the Mach2 screen is configurable and you could make a larger button for pause! Just a thought!

I love my Mach2. If a fellow could learn all the features available in that thing he would be one smart dude.

Mike