PDA

View Full Version : Dust collection crp 4896 ?'s

dan3676
03-29-2015, 08:00 PM
I'm moving from a sosylva 25x37 table to a crp4896 with nema 34's. I currently use a shop vac with an onieda cyclone with a 2.5" port. I'd like to use my cyclone with a wall hanging 1hp dust collector. I never had issues with dust collection with my smaller cnc but I'm wondering if using the wall hanging dust collector with a 4" port and reducing it to my 2.5" cyclone will be sufficient for my new machine being that it's quite larger. I'll have 10'-15' run from the dust collector to spindle. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ger21
03-29-2015, 08:45 PM
A 1HP dust collector would be barely adequate with a 4" hose. It probably won't work well at all with a 2.5" hose.

Size of machine doesn't make much difference. How much dust and chips it makes is what matters. Personally, I'd recommend a 2HP dust collector with a 4" hose to the spindle.

dan3676
03-29-2015, 08:56 PM
I had just assumed because my old machine is limited to about 40ipm that the new machine will create more dust/chips because it will cut faster. The old machine with the cyclone/shop vac set up did an amazing job but runs were shorter also. I also didn't know what effects would happen adapter from a 4" to 2.5". Velocity go up and cfm go down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk