PDA

View Full Version : willing to volunteer in London ON canada

3faze
10-26-2006, 03:18 PM
I am a high school student in London ON Canada with some experience in manual machining and am a fairly good tig/stick/ mig welder looking for a place to volunteer or someone who can teach me a few things. If nessary willing to sweep floors in return for someone teaching me. Thanks brandon

dertsap
10-26-2006, 06:32 PM
your going to go far with that kind of attitude , too bad your on the otherside of the country ,cause i'd say your in if you were here
good luck

3faze
10-27-2006, 03:41 PM
anyone else have suggestions or ideas? Thanks Brandon

Mcgyver
10-27-2006, 06:48 PM
combine the good attitude with initiative you are away - bang on a few doors of some small general machine shops in your area, maybe one will take you on after school or on a sat (obviously depending on what hours they work). Don't do it for free though, even if its a low wage, you should be paid - this way your employer has motivation to teach and spend time. give it away for free = low perception of value. If you've been reading those books you'll quickly go up the learning curve esp once your employeer realizes you are morve valuable to him than he bargained. Also network, somebodies friend of a friend will take you up on it