PDA

View Full Version : Mach 3 and CNC Routerparts

HDTHEATER
03-16-2015, 12:49 PM
I just purchased a new machine from CNC router parts and should be getting all the hardware in over the next month.

My current machine is CNC Shark. MAch 3 will be new for me with this machine. Where does one get the post processors for the CNCRouterParts machines for Vectric products? Do you need a special one or is there a generic one for Mach3 use?

-Eric

talonosi
03-16-2015, 02:05 PM
The post processor is specific to the CNC controller software, not specifically the hardware. Once you have mach 3 configured with the XML File provided by CNCRP you can use the PP provided by Vectric intended for Mach 3.

I could take the same code generated by Vcarve Pro for a 4ftx8ft cnc router and use it on a 12"x12" machine as long as both were controlled by mach 3.

Here is the one I have used for testing so far. It runs in mach without any issue.

HDTHEATER
03-16-2015, 03:07 PM
Thank you sir. I figured there was a generic profile for Mach 3 use, but did not know which one to select. Now to go figure out how to navigate Mach 3. I want to get the software learning curve behind me before the new hardware gets here.

Thanks again,

-Eric

talonosi
03-16-2015, 04:03 PM
I'm facing the same thing, I used linuxcnc a bit before deciding to go with Mach 3 for the new CNCRP build. I installed the trial of mach 3, then installed my screenset (I'm using Mach 2010), then created a new profile using the XML files provided by CNCRP, this way I can atleast start to get to know how the system works. Artsoft has a pretty decent starting manual for getting it set up and there are also several useful vids on youtube.

Good luck!

HDTHEATER
03-16-2015, 04:19 PM
The Shark had it's own controller software and it was pretty simple to use. Mach 3 looks to have a lot of features that would be useful. My first goal is to get to where I am now and then build on the new features. Some things I see that look worth exploring are the ability to start from a certain line of code without having to run the entire file again.