PDA

View Full Version : Parallel Finishing Problem

kyle_vk
03-03-2015, 02:36 PM
Hey all,

So i'm making some foam cores for slalom skis and am having an issue on my parallel finishing pass. I have four cores on a 4x8 sheet of 3/4" divinycell, when i generate the tool path, the 3 on the right side of the sheet come out correctly, the one on the left most side of the sheet however always comes out wrong (see picture, the right side of the core is correct but the left side of the core doesn't have the tool going along the surface). I've tried deleting that surface and copying one of the ones from the right side of the sheet, moving them around...everything i can think of and it still always generates wrong. It's a big pain to try and have to do it separately because i have to do 3 tool changes and double mill (both sides) on a machine that doesn't have a bit changer and is quite temperamental, so loosing my zero is already easy enough without having to add a separate set of cuts to it. The fin / hardware holes on the reverse side all generate correctly.

So has anyone else ever had this issue where a copied surface will yield different too paths? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kyle

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy276/kyle_vanklompenberg/toolpath%201_zpsrjqivvzv.jpg

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy276/kyle_vanklompenberg/toolpath%202_zps02smy90h.jpg

victorofga
03-03-2015, 04:45 PM
can you post over here on cnczone instead linking?
you might delete later from photobucket and your post become confusing..

what you posted, looks like program sensing another part.. tough you have only one layer so nothing from other layer could cause this..

another problem could be if material not defined correctly..

looks like tool lifting to material top, or material top plus the rapidplane..

toolpath I think is ok, because you run across to grains, so less chance for splintering

Zorbit
03-21-2015, 04:54 PM
I have had similar problems, usually with Horizontal Roughing operations. Rhino seems to leave corrupt parts in files, and no amount of re-camming will cure the problem. Try selecting the individual parts one at a time ( not a marquee drag ) and "export selected" to a new file - that's worked for me in the past.

rusel
04-13-2015, 05:41 AM
I had a similar problem once and found after much checking the the stock size did not cover the problem area.