PDA

View Full Version : Need a MicroStop for CNC Router

George Sparr
10-21-2006, 03:40 PM
We are coutersing holes in several 24" x 36" carbon fiber laninates at one time on a 48" x 96" router. The problem is each panel varies in thichness up to +/-.010". We do not want to touch off "Z" on each panel so we now use a drill press with a MicroStop in it to manually coutersink the holes. It works and we have no rejects BUT it takes a long time!!! I need a tool that can give the same depth of cut on differnt thickness of laminates. The MicroStop has an adjustable cage and a hard stop which the operator can feel. It will not work in the router since it can not fell the hard stop and bottoms out. If you have any ideas please respond or call me at 800 811-2009.
Thanks, George Sparr

LexLuthier
11-02-2006, 05:51 PM
George,
There are stop countersinks that have belville spring washers in them that you program for a compression of .030 or so. These account for variation in stock thickness. I used some over ten years ago on aluminum plane parts and it worked very well. I can't remember the manufacturer but if you search with google, you might be able to find some.
Good luck