PDA

View Full Version : K2cnc Small End Mill Holder

Smackre
10-11-2006, 03:38 PM
So i bought this item to hold my 1/8" shank engraving bits. I get it and order a nice set of DA300 collets for it. Technik collets. I get it all together and check the runout. Its like .010" run out. Normaly my spindle has like .001 runout. I try multiple collets and all have same result. I sent them messages over ebay to have the issue resolved. never got a response.

Here is the link to the item:
http://cgi.ebay.com/CNC-Router-DA300-Collet-holders-Stainless-Steal_W0QQitemZ120039556833QQihZ002QQcategoryZ67245QQcmdZViewItem

My question is this. is there any other holders out there that i can buy that has better tolerance. Hopefuly that use da300 collets since i bought a set of them.

InspirationTool
10-11-2006, 06:35 PM
A couple of idea... one, you should call them... sometimes ebay messages hit the spam folder.

Two, maybe you could have someone grind it true.

-Jeff

cncuser1
10-12-2006, 11:05 PM
I use double angle collets too.
They are very sensitive to binding and grit.
Whenever I put a new tool in in the collet I solvent clean and blow with compressed air.

I handle all components with a clean kleenex.

I install evrything hand tight, then jiggle the cutter or drill to let any binding in the collet loosen up and hand tighten more, then jiggle the cutter again.

I repeat this untill I can no longer hand tighten, then I tighten the collet very lightly with the wrench, then give an ever so light tap on the endmill at a couple of locations to relieve the binding again...you get the idea.

This is especially helpfull when the tool is small with respect to the collet opening

try this technique and let us know if it helps.

Smackre
10-17-2006, 10:33 AM
I tried alot of things. Non seemed to help. the holder just had run out in it.

I bought a Crasftman TE300-0500 Tool Extension and Cut it off. Checked it for run out. It has no run out at all. And it cost 1/2 of what the other cost me. Id say this is a better product.

Ron-K2
02-28-2007, 07:36 PM
From K2 CNC router. The item is refundable within 15 days of purchase. If you are having run out of 0.010", how are you measuring the runout? The regular router spindles have runout on them. Call up K2 "us" and we may be able to send you a new one for comparison. K2 is in the works to provide a solution for precision spindles 0.0003" tolerance. Check the site every 30 days for update. Found this while researching Technik collet. If you need a small runout but max rpm of 10,000 sherline sells an upgrade of pulley and ER16 collet spindle. But the collet from technik after you get the spindle. K2 might have items for sale in the future.

Smackre
02-28-2007, 09:52 PM
my machine has a real spindle on it. The spindle its self has no run out. Im checking it with a mitutoya 0.0005 indicator. I am not to broken up about it. I would still buy from k2cnc.