PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy quality metric CNC router bits?

pippin88
01-16-2015, 08:09 PM
Hi all,

I'm making slow but steady progress on my new router, and I need some decent bits to use on it. I've previously used cheap ebay hss and carbide bits with geometries for metal. I've never used upcut / downcut / compression bits.

Onsrud and Amana are names that come up often as quality, but the vast majority of their stuff is imperial. I'm aware I can used imperial bits, but I'd prefer metric as I have metric collets, and I think in metric so it's much easier to design and process parts when I know the cutter radius easily.

Has anyone found a decent source (that will ship to Australia)?
We pay a huge premium locally, so I expect to be buying overseas.

Help is appreciated.

louieatienza
01-16-2015, 08:40 PM
Hi all,

I'm making slow but steady progress on my new router, and I need some decent bits to use on it. I've previously used cheap ebay hss and carbide bits with geometries for metal. I've never used upcut / downcut / compression bits.

Onsrud and Amana are names that come up often as quality, but the vast majority of their stuff is imperial. I'm aware I can used imperial bits, but I'd prefer metric as I have metric collets, and I think in metric so it's much easier to design and process parts when I know the cutter radius easily.

Has anyone found a decent source (that will ship to Australia)?
We pay a huge premium locally, so I expect to be buying overseas.

Help is appreciated.

Onsrud carries router bits and endmills in both metric and imperial... Download their catalog online.

pippin88
01-16-2015, 08:43 PM
louie, thanks for the reply. I'm aware Onsrud produce metric bits, I'm struggling to find where to buy them / someone who will ship internationally.

louieatienza
01-17-2015, 01:31 AM
louie, thanks for the reply. I'm aware Onsrud produce metric bits, I'm struggling to find where to buy them / someone who will ship internationally.

Can't buy direct? I believe onsrud has a distributer in Europe...