PDA

View Full Version : New Machine Build My PRO4824 is up and RUNNING !!!

BillVt
12-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Received my CNCRP PRO4824 kit and parts mid August and today I have cut my first part.

Kit was pretty straight forward with good instruction provide on-line and quick response from Cory at CNCRP when I had questions.

First part made today is an air deflector for the Hitachi M12VC router. The M12VC blows lots of air down on the work surface.

Made an air deflector out of plexi that diverts the air out both sides and front. Attaches to the M12VC with two screws that are already there.

See following two photos:

With the air deflector installed, the turnings from cutting mostly stay on the work surface.
Without the deflector, there were things flying everywhere.

My plan moving forward is to mount a vacuum nozzle right near the cutter to pick up the pieces as they come off.
I prefer to have the cutter in view and not covered by a vacuum shoe if possible.

We will see how it works out.

Having lots of fun !!!!

Regards,
Bill

Sylvain Gingras
02-08-2015, 10:09 AM
Hi Bill,

Is your air deflector gives you good results?

BillVt
02-08-2015, 11:23 AM
Yes, the air deflector works very well.

Since the one shown on this thread, I have made a dust collector that also has the air deflector built in.

The dust collector works very well as the air from the MV12 is not blowing down into the dust boot and fighting the vacuum.

I will take some photos of the new dust boot setup and post them in a day or two.

Bill