MetLHead
09-23-2006, 10:34 PM
Download NCPlot v2 Release Candidate 1 at:

www.ncplot.com

NCPlot v2.0 Release Candidate 1 Release Notes
September 23, 2006

General
=======

Added a new toolbar for the Setup menu functions. This toolbar includes a button for selecting the machine configuration which pops up a configuration menu just like clicking the configuration panel on the status bar. This button icon changes to show the selected machine type, either Mill or Lathe.

The plot toolbar has been updated. The new toolbar isn't drastically different, but should be a bit more user friendly for new users. There is a new button labeled "Refresh Plot", which is the old "Plot" button. This button has a new icon and will change from blue to green whenever changes are made to the program. This color change is to indicate that the graphics should be refreshed to reflect the program changes. Note that this is only true if the "Draw/Auto Refresh Viewport" setting is NOT on. If this setting is on, the button remains blue. There are also two other new buttons on this toolbar. They are labeled "Rewind Plot to Beginning" and "Fast Forward Plot to End" and will do just that.

When a file is loaded, NCPlot will automatically fix invalid end of line character sequences.

Viewport
========

Added a location readout to the marker icon. This readout is displayed next to the marker and indicates the markers current position.

Fixed a few things in the G-Code interpreter:

Blocks with an "L0" repeat command were being skipped even with XY endpoints in the block.
The HAAS bolt pattern cycles were not using the current location as the center point.
The mill canned cycles were not working properly if commanded while G01 was active.

Added support for recognizing the equal sign "=" after an address. This is for supporting controls that use this format in macro programs. An example of this format would be: "X=#100 Y=#101+2.5"

Made some fixes to the HAAS canned cycles. This includes G12/G13 circular milling cycles and G70, G71 and G72 bolt pattern cycles.

Tools
=====

Added a justification setting to the Text to G-Code dialog. This setting makes it much easier to center or align the text being converted. To use this setting, simply select one of the nine possible justification points. When the text is converted, the selected point on the text will be at the specified X, Y location.

Changed the output formatting of the Macro Translator tool. G-Codes will output in the two digit format "G00", and all other addresses will always output with the decimal point included.

Thanks,
Scott

Karl_T
09-24-2006, 08:37 AM
I've been a sittin' on the fence waiting for you to say "Release".

I just paypaled you my $75.

Everybody else, send Scott some bux. You won't find another software product with this kind of support.

Karl

gar
09-26-2006, 07:06 AM
060926-0604 EST USA

It appears baud rate limit is 38.4 kbaud. Any reason for not including 115.2 kbaud?

MetLHead
09-26-2006, 07:14 AM
gar,

The ActiveX control that I'm using for the RS232 doesn't seem to support it. Above 38.4k baud the only rates that are supported are:

Seems kinda odd to me, but that's what I've got to work with for right now.

Scott

single phase
10-29-2006, 12:37 PM
(<<<<<<< TOOL 1 OD TURN >>>>>>>)
G50 S2000 (MAX SPINDLE SPEED)
G00 G28U0W0 (READY FOR TOOL)
G00 T0101
M08
G96 S225 M3 (SURFACE SPEED)
X1.1Z0.1
G94 X0.4 Z0.06 F.004 (FACE)
Z.05
Z.04
Z.03
Z.02
Z.01
Z.005
G00 X1.1Z0.1
G90 X.98Z-.5 (TURN)
X0.94
X0.90
G00 X1.1Z0.1
X.7
G01 Z0.0
X.824
G03 X.884Z-.03 R.03
Z-.5 (issue is here, I intended this to be a G01)
G97 S860 M3 (SPINDLE SPEED)
G00 G28U0W0

Is his OK or should your plotter flag this? Actually your plotter did flag this when I loaded the program (it stated "no arc center"). But just during typing and testing it did not flag it. My FANUC control did not complain about it at all! I am confused.

Cheers
Dave

MetLHead
10-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Dave,

As you know, this error message indicates that the G02/G03 modal state is still active but no arc center point was given (no I/J/K/R). You don't see this message pop up while you type because that's the way the auto refresh works. It will plot up to the block in error, but will not display a message. That's to avoid getting nuisance messages before you're finished typing. Using the "refresh plot" button will scan through and display an error message, same as when the file is loaded.

I don't know why your control didn't complain about it, what does it do at that spot in the program?

Thanks,
Scott

single phase
10-29-2006, 03:00 PM
As far as I can tell the FANUC treated it as a G01 Z-.5 command! I do not know why it did not just stop with an error.