PDA

View Full Version : Rail Design?? Let Me Know What You Think

timmyb199
09-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Hi this is my first post and i have started to build my plasma cnc, i am totally stoked well anyway i am on the rail deilema and tomorrow i am starting to build and about 10 minutes ago i cam up with this, maybe i have seen it in the hours of searching but i dont think so, tell me if u think it will work my only real problem is if the pipe will compress enough. or i could hinge the top of the external pipe but i think that would weaken it. anyway i don have corel draw of a drafting plan so i had to use paint shop sorry :)

but chew on this for a bit

thank for the great forum
tim
duluth mn

timmyb199
09-09-2006, 11:43 AM
sorry can't get picture smaller than 500k will keep trying i dont wnt to zip it

ger21
09-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Save as .jpg or .gif

timmyb199
09-19-2006, 07:49 PM
ok i surrender i have ben staring at the computer for 30 minutes trying to figure out how to post again anyway i apologize, but here is my problem

new xylolex board

trying to set vref

yes i know read the directions i have and about fifty post of people telling other people to read the directions. nice advice but anyway

i ground my black and put my red (multimeter leads) to x,y,z ect and i cant get anydifference, yes the red led is on on each axis i have

0 -24volts-0-24volts

iim guess ing the zero is supposed to be v ref because the 24 is my input

i have turn the pots but no response i have not turned them like 3 revolutions caus i hear of people blowing this up

well anyway any help would be gretly appreciated

thanks again tim

ger21
09-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Look in the manual again, at the drawing on the last page.
http://www.xylotex.com/XS3525V202.pdf

When setting the VREF, the red probe must be on the points labeled TPX (X axis), TPY (Y axis), and TPZ (Z axis)

timmyb199
09-19-2006, 09:48 PM
thak you gerry, you really do help alot of people, i stared at that thing for over an hour but i never saw the tpx tpy tpz. i appologize for wasting your time but appreciate it the same, thanks to you and everyone else on this forum people are doing things they arent comfortable with but accomplishing none the less

thanks tim