PDA

View Full Version : CRP PRO4848 MACH3 issues

CYoung
08-24-2014, 09:15 PM
Started cutting my first pieces this weekend and I am seeing some things I am not sure how to fix.

I am using mach3 and have loaded the crp profile and the ess plugin.

When an M06 tool change command is read, the z axis rises up to about 3.6" and x and y axis try to go to some way off coordinate position. I am guessing this is a problem between machine coord and workpiece coords but I dont know where to look to solve the problem.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks Craig

ger21
08-24-2014, 09:46 PM
What do you want it to do?
Whatever is in your M6Start macro is telling it to do what it's doing. Is it moving to the Toolchange position on the Settings page?

CYoung
08-26-2014, 11:07 AM
The problem lays in my bobcad post processer. My PP was created for a machine that did not have homing so my z axis call outs were G53 instead of G54. Still doing my homework to ensure bobcad, mach3, and PRO4848 all talk the same language.

The tool change settings in mach are being ignored.

Gallchobhair
08-26-2014, 11:29 AM
I have Bobcad and Mach3 also. I have the CRP2448 standard version. I have been using the PP from Bobcad it is V25\Posts\Mill\Mach3_0EM.MillPst. Is there a better one.I have the 2010 screenset. There is this one also in my library Mach3-Mill-NoATC.MillPst.

Thank You
Don

ger21
08-26-2014, 11:53 AM
How do you have tool changes configured in Mach3? One option is to ignore them, which may be the default?

CYoung
08-26-2014, 03:23 PM
I had Bobcad modify the PP for my old machine and that is the PP that is giving me problems with the CRP4848. My old machine didnt have homing so all of the Start Program,, End Program, and Tool Change movements were all defined as G53 movements. Now that I am using homing, I changed the Z-Axis movements to G54 commands so I know where it (Z-Axis) is relative to the workpiece. Still using G53 for the x and y positioning since I want my router to move to the same place so I can change the tool during a job.

I will take a look at the two PPs you mentioned about and see how they work. I saw the "NoATC" version but discounted it thinking that it would not allow me to change a tool during a job, am I correct in this thinking?

Thanks, Craig

CYoung
08-26-2014, 03:27 PM
Hi Gerry,
If you ignore tool changes in MACH3 wont the machine just skip over the tool change and not give you an opportunity to change your bit? Mine stopped now so I can change the bit, but it doesnt go to the coords defined in the MACH/Setting table. I guess Bobcad PP is overriding it or something? I would like to flexibility to define the location of my tool changes in MACH3 instead of having them hard coded in Babcad since different jobs may require a different tool change location for ease of use.

Thanks, Craig

Gallchobhair
08-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Well I like to have the machine move to the same spot for too change every time. As soon as you change the tool and resume it goes back to where it needs to be to continue cutting. Now I have to set Z each time. Hope to have autoZ 0 working soon. That would be great. I am a honny user so I have time to do some things by hand. At the moment I run the job in sections loading only what the next operation needs.

Don

Gallchobhair
08-26-2014, 04:50 PM
Also if there is anyone in the Seattle So , Burien area that has a CNC machine or is a Bobcad and Mach3 user I would like to communicate. There is a club that meets at the local So Center Tukwilla store. I go to the meetings and pick up some info. Almost everyone at the meeting is a Vectric user and the seem to all have Shark machines. The few that do not use Sharks use pro stuff and make a living at this so I can't bug them LoL

Don

CYoung
08-26-2014, 05:19 PM
Setting up an auto Z touch plate is very easy and is well worth the effort. I just used a pc of flat bar Steel and an alligator clip. Soldered one lead to the bar and the other to the alligator clip, connected the other end to the PDMX and away we go.

Thanks, Craig

ger21
08-26-2014, 06:45 PM
I thought you said tool changes were being ignored, but you actually said the tool change settings were being ignored.

I would like to flexibility to define the location of my tool changes in MACH3 instead of having them hard coded in Babcad since different jobs may require a different tool change location for ease of use.

Then you need to both change your BobCAD post, and modify your Mach3 M6 macros to do what you want.

CYoung
08-27-2014, 02:18 AM
Hi Gerry,
Thanks for the help. I have changed the BobCad Post and now my tool change settings are where I want them. I still would like to be able to make these changes in MACH3 but havent learned about the macros yet. I guess that will be for another day. Thanks again for your replies, most appreciated.