PDA

View Full Version : can not run rhino cam "cant convert centimeters to millimeters"

dyei
08-21-2014, 02:11 PM
some one could tell which is the solution to this kind of problem? i cant run rhino cam, it is instaled with rhino 5 but when i run rhino 5, rhino cam just launches a message telling "cant convert centimeters to millimeters" then it just closses, is because some driver i dont have? is the install source corrupted? have you dealt with this kind of problem??

i ve seen some bad comentaries about rhino cam, is it good? or power mill is better?? if so, some one knows where can i find power mill tutorials??

awerby
08-21-2014, 02:39 PM
This doesn't sound like an issue with RhinoCAM, but a problem with your Rhino installation or the way you're using it. Are you making your model in centimeters? Try going into Tools/options/units and changing that to millimeters. Usually, when Rhino starts up, it gives you the option of what template to choose - whether you want to draw in feet, inches, millimeters, whatever. Choose millimeters, if that's what you want to use. That dialogue should come up first, before RhinoCAM loads.

RhinoCAM is a good program, and if you're having a problem (and if this advice doesn't fix it) it also comes with excellent tech support. Give Mecsoft a call and they'll walk you through a step-by-step solution. They can do this on your computer remotely, so you can see what they're doing and learn how to deal with the issue.