PDA

View Full Version : Pc Port Direct Hitachi L200 Connect

Cruiser
08-16-2006, 12:01 PM
Hello All, :drowning: I have a question as to how the actual wiring/config would be done to connect mach3 directly to the L200 (default) ? The tech i queried said plainly to just hook it up by default and it will function correctly. Well, i don't seem to understand "by default". The card i would like to have is not available yet and i'd really like to run the spindle from mach. the L200 has internal isolation and runs on from 0v to 10v (configurable ?) ((edited) default inputs are O & L with O being input volts and L being logic grnd ?) and other than pin #14 what are the options for a complete circuit that works and won't upset the magic smoke which is resting comfortably at the momment ! From what i've read in the manual, this is possible and safe ... But ! It is in electrical engeneering speek and i am a mechanic machinist in need of a good translator. If someone else has made these simple connections with success, i'd really enjoy and appreciate some direction in a language i can understand. How many others are resorting to the card, if it is not really necessary ? (now i am realizing why the card is being used ! better support and information !)
Many thanks (group)

wildcat
12-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Cruiser - the docs for the Sound Logic control board warn that the VFD's GND may be a very different potential - I believe he said 300V was possible! The L200 may not be afflicted with this problem but regardless you are using a breakout board now, right?

Cruiser
12-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Hey wildcat, the l200 has built in protection or so they say and yes i'm using sound logic combo board. The part that worry's me is the gap in between the l200 and board information of which needs to be interpreted ! then make sence ! then make connections that don't spark and flame !