camtd
08-08-2006, 07:58 PM
Hi

Has anybody been using Velocity 2 yet?

What new features are there?

Thank You

mdlmkr
08-11-2006, 11:40 AM
I heard that they stopped distribution of it due to defects.

moldcore
08-12-2006, 04:21 PM
What defects? I would think that the dealers would be warning their customers of problems and so far I haven't heard or run into any.

Cammotion
08-13-2006, 10:51 AM
I haven't heard anything from my dealer either. I did notice that Service Pack 1 for VII is available on Surfware's web site (for maintenance customers, of course).

scubanick
08-14-2006, 10:28 AM
got my service pack today
but the 2 problems i had were already fixed
by my tech support

EDIT
service pack 1 has a critical bug
and they will be issueing service pack 1a
ASAP
projected to arrive at the end of August

championp
10-22-2006, 04:08 PM
My favorite new feature is the aim and zoom with the middle mouse button wheel. I still wish they would put a shortcut to layers in the RMB menu. I haven't experienced any problems in the three weeks that I have been using velocity 2.

planar39
12-07-2006, 06:12 PM
i have it and service pack, im staying with v1, here's why
i dont use its new features, and the drilling thing-forces me to use a library, if i was a full time programmer perhaps, but i make prototype tool/die parts

lagrandebug
02-10-2007, 08:41 AM
I am a programmer in a tool and die shop and always do one off parts. AND LOVE THE NEW RELEASE. If you don't like the drill library thing you know you can set up tools in what surfcam calls "HOLE PROCESS"S " I have all my tools in it for my die shoes and drills and taps. It is pretty much just like a macro that Edgecam use's.

mdlmkr
02-10-2007, 10:11 PM
This is typical SURFCAM B.S.! Why do I need to make a new library? Why cant it see the tools that I have in the main library? It is the same thing with SRM. Why do I have to re-enter tools in THAT library that I already have in the main library??? Also, good luck switching back and forth from your metric library to the standard library!!

But, boy can it cut pockets! It can cut a pocket faster than anything. BIG DEAL!!! If I cut pockets all day I would be stoked. But I dont. SURFCAM hasnt bettered the innerface in years. Where do the enhancements go? They just dont care about the user base!!!!!!!!!