PDA

View Full Version : mill a circle

M128x1
08-01-2011, 03:59 PM
We rented a machine – it works ok so far. However if I want to mill plane surface with G1/G2 codes without milling radius correction then we get the error ‘circular end point’. The funny thing is that exactly the same programs worked fine on our previous machines!!!
When the circle is written completely with G1 codes ( around 1000 codes) then the circle can be milled.
What function controls the procedure? I believe that the tolerance in the controller is too small for the circle.
CFIN, NORM, G64, G17, G71 and so on are ACTIVE.

wacko.gif wacko.gif

CNCFr
08-01-2011, 04:41 PM
We rented a machine – it works ok so far. However if I want to mill plane surface with G1/G2 codes without milling radius correction then we get the error ‘circular end point’. The funny thing is that exactly the same programs worked fine on our previous machines!!!
When the circle is written completely with G1 codes ( around 1000 codes) then the circle can be milled.
What function controls the procedure? I believe that the tolerance in the controller is too small for the circle.
CFIN, NORM, G64, G17, G71 and so on are ACTIVE.

wacko.gif wacko.gif

Are the circles programmed? (starting point, end point, circle parameter I / J / K)?
Your error message usually appears when central point and radius don’t fit together or when the distance between the central point and the start/endpoint are not equal.

M128x1
08-02-2011, 12:58 AM
The program is programmed with G2+ I + J.
As I mentioned earlier the programs runs fine with other machines with S840D!!!!!
wacko.gif