PDA

View Full Version : work piece neutral point

ruswelt
07-15-2011, 03:08 AM
Hello

We have a machining centre where we process horizontally and vertically with a Sinumerik 840S control system.
Now my question: why do I have to calculate an offset if I gauge the work piece manually with a measuring probe? I don’t mean the radius of the sphere, I mean when I want to start a bore, in my case I always have to minus an offset of 49mm!!
I change the measuring probe in MDA simply with L300 T107 after the command HVV also in MDA so it rotates vertically. Maybe I should also select the layer??

Thanks

fräsmurml
07-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Hello
We have a machining centre where we process horizontally and vertically with a Sinumerik 840S control system.
Now my question: why do I have to calculate an offset if I gauge the work piece manually with a measuring probe? I don’t mean the radius of the sphere, I mean when I want to start a bore, in my case I always have to minus an offset of 49mm!!
I change the measuring probe in MDA simply with L300 T107 after the command HVV also in MDA so it rotates vertically. Maybe I should also select the layer??
Thanks

Hello
Maybe you could show us an extract of your NC text where the processing is once horizontal and once vertical. Then we can help you a bit better!

Holger984
07-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Hi

I also have a 840D

I also had problems contacting the neutral point with the 3D scanner. I have one of the first 840D software’s so a pretty old one.
From time to time my one changes the reference neutral point in the main menu, and then I have false values that are usually identical.

So have a look if you are missing neutral points that you select ‘MCS’ in the main window.
Unfortunately I don’t know what the other setting is called.