PDA

View Full Version : tool data Siemens 840D

MillDrill
05-02-2011, 06:06 AM
Hello

I have the following question:

How can I allocate several contour values for one tool with a Siemens 840D controller?
I would like to rough with one tool and afterwards finish with the same tool.
So I have to set a different radius value for the finishing process.

Who can help me out?

Many thank in advance!

Best regards

Micha1405
05-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Have you tried it with different D numbers?
Really easy: You go to the particular tool. Then you say NEW-new blade. In my processing program the call would be for example T1D2.

Regards Michael

MillDrill
05-02-2011, 11:48 AM
That wasn't difficult!Many thanks..it worked

Best regards

Finch
05-08-2011, 06:33 AM
Hello MillDrill and Micha1405,

After not contributing for a long time I would like to add something this topic. When inserting another blade, the tool length and the tool diameter need to be rewritten by hand. Otherwise the tool length is zero. At least thats what happened on my machine- it almost crashed!
Or does it work differently? Maybe it’s because I have a Hermle C20U? I am new on the C20U and ShopMill.
However MillDrill has done everything correctly.

Regards

Finch

Micha1405
05-08-2011, 06:51 AM
Hello MillDrill and Micha1405,

After not contributing for a long time I would like to add something this topic. When inserting another blade, the tool length and the tool diameter need to be rewritten by hand. Otherwise the tool length is zero. At least thats what happened on my machine- it almost crashed!
Or does it work differently? Maybe it’s because I have a Hermle C20U? I am new on the C20U and ShopMill.
However MillDrill has done everything correctly.

Regards

Finch

With Siemens you always have to write a new blade by hand. To be honest I don’t know if it’s the same with Heidenhain or Fanuc.
Regards
Michael

uli12us
05-08-2011, 12:06 PM
It should be the same with other controllers: in the normal mode nothing is saved in the memory.
With Siemens D there is an OFFN command, which defines (also negative) allowances.
If you have for example 0,2 allowance, you would write OFFN=0,2 and when finishing OFFN=0..
The allowance is carried out in the set where the command stands. So you can also mill a spiral for example.